a possible bug with sending notifications on the peer comments
Thread poster: Alexander Onishko

Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:36
Member (2007)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 10, 2007

I have posted an answer to this question and a colleague commented on my answer and .... I received the notification of the comment 4(!) times - the comment was not changed

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
German to French
Same here Sep 10, 2007

I received a response to a peer comment I made about 10 times in one hour
It happens from time to time...

Florencia Vita
Local time: 03:36
Thanks ffor pointing that out! Sep 10, 2007

Dear all,

Andrew is actually looking at that exact problem right now.
So he will be fixed as soon as possible!

I appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

United States
I've tracked the notifications sent Sep 10, 2007

Hello Alexander,

I believe I've discovered the cause of the multiple message issue you've experienced this morning. One of our mail servers was having a difficult time confirming whether it had completely sent the message to you or not, so to be on the safe side it went ahead and re-sent it. I apologize for clogging up your inbox.

I've taken a look at the last few notifications sent to you. You should have received notifications for four more KudoZ questions since your post of this topic.

I saw the normal 'Delivery Successful' entries for these emails in our logs. Are you still receiving duplicates?

Best Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a possible bug with sending notifications on the peer comments

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs