Notifications about instant messages
Thread poster: Stephanie Wloch

Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:30
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Sep 12, 2007

Hi out there,
I'm curious if you guys get notifications in your mailbox about instant messages. Sometimes I get them immediately, sometimes not at all and that makes me saaad.

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
+ ...
Random function Sep 12, 2007

Hola Estefanía,

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I have also noticed that the notifications seem to follow some random, secret rules. Sometimes no notifications at all, and when they come, it can be any time between 5 minutes and 5 hours since the message was sent.

Now and then I need to contact colleagues quickly, only via instant messages, and at the end of the day it turns out that a message was laying around for several hours. I am sure that our ProZ staff can solve this problem.

Florencia Vita
Local time: 22:30
Thanks for pointing that out. Sep 12, 2007

Dear all,

I will tell our developers to check our instant messages system.
They will look at the problem as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience.

Please accept the apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Kind regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notifications about instant messages

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs