Mobile menu

Change native language
Thread poster: Jon Furuheim
Jon Furuheim
Local time: 10:59
English to Norwegian
Oct 12, 2007

Hi, I accidentaly registered as a native speaker of Norwegian(Bokmal). This causes me not to be able to quote for jobs that require native language Norwegian.

Norwegian and Norwegian (Bokmal) is interchangeable most of the time, and I would like to change my native language to just Norwegian, as most jobs seem to set native language Norwegian as a criteria for quoting (and thus excluding me, with my native Norwegian (Bokmal)...).

I don't seem to be able to change this setting when I try to edit my profile. Is there any way I can do this on my own?

Direct link Reply with quote

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:59
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Submit a support ticket Oct 12, 2007

That's the way to do it. The staff will be ready to help you.

I know this seems to be disturbing to you (and you are not the first one who faces this problem). But the impossibility to edit your mother language, is a warranty of consistence, of seriousness.
Otherwise, if people were able to edit their native language freely, many people would do it every week or so, on purpose, in order to be able to get this and that job. And this would be a rather messy workplace...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change native language

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs