https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/88208-spam_via_prozcom_premium_jobs.html

Spam via Proz.com Premium Jobs?
Thread poster: Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:54
English to German
+ ...
Nov 1, 2007

A company called Translators, Inc. has been sending me the same Premium Job mail for more than one hour over 12 times so far and does not seem to stop.

Could you please check, whether there is a technical problem with the Premium Jobs feature or if someone does not know how to use it correctly and make it stop.

Thank you very much!

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:54
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

For potentially technical issues, please submit a Support Request Nov 1, 2007

Hi Claudia,

The fastest way to get the technical staff's attention is to submit a support request. Could you please do so? There may be other folks who've also been experiencing the same problem as you.

Yolanda Broad

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 23:54
SITE STAFF
Duplicate messages should have stopped, sorry for the inconvenience Nov 1, 2007

Hi Claudia,

Some people have received more than one message from the same outsourcer today seeking to add you to their database. These duplicate messages should have stopped now.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We will make some changes to the system to help prevent problems like this from recurring in the future.

I have spoken to the outsourcer in question. They are proud of their good reputation among translators and they do not want to do anything to
... See more
Hi Claudia,

Some people have received more than one message from the same outsourcer today seeking to add you to their database. These duplicate messages should have stopped now.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We will make some changes to the system to help prevent problems like this from recurring in the future.

I have spoken to the outsourcer in question. They are proud of their good reputation among translators and they do not want to do anything to jeopardize it. They regret that they may have inconvenienced anyone, and have assured me that they will reply to everyone who responded to their inquiry (but only once!)

We are taking steps to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:54
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your fast help! Nov 2, 2007

The mails have indeed stopped now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam via Proz.com Premium Jobs?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »