Thread poster: langnet

langnet  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:43
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2003

Hi staff, Hi all,

I seem to have a problem. I uploaded a personal glossary that I would like to make accessible to the whole language community and I\'m positively sure that I entered \"German - English\" where asked to do so.

But on showing the glossary on, the language visualized for the DE-EN version of my glossary is \"Afrikaans\" (it should be \"German - English\" in fact, and the first upload of the English-German version is perfectly ok...).

I tried to look for an \"edit glossary\" function but I found none (by the way, if actually there is no such function it would be good to implement one). Could you please indicate how to change language settings on personal glossaries or could you change the settings for me into \"DE - EN\"?

Thank you very much in advance

The URL of the said glossary would be

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-27 21:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sara Freitas
French to English
I also need help editing glossaries Mar 12, 2003

I submitted a support request with virtually the same question--I believe over a week ago now if I am not mistaken--about editing/deleting the names of glossaries once you have created them...(I mistakenly hit enter, creating a glossary called \"P\" when what I really wanted was \"purchasing\"...oops, but now it is stuck there on my profile page...

Radio silence from ProZ staff so far...

Please help us edit our glossaries!

Thanks in advance!

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
English to Turkish
Me too ! Mar 15, 2003

I cannot imagine a glossary without the edit function, but it seems this function is totally non-existent (or can I really not see it?)

I made a double-entry, accidentally, and need to delete one of them. Plus, I want to change the title of one of my personal glossaries, which I later on realized to be misleading, or not fully explaining of the glossary content. And, at any time one may need to make improvements, changes, deletions in a glossary, naturally...

In short, could we kindly ask for the addition of a glossary edit function on this site?

Jason Grimes
Local time: 08:43
Added rename glossary feature Apr 21, 2003

If you click on the Your Glossary link in the menu bar, or go to this URL: you can now rename existing glossaries. Sorry for the delay in adding this feature.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(To staff) entered glossary showing wrong language pair

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs