Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:06
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 19, 2007

Only in the past week or so, I find I often have to change font size within ProZ. When I open my Firefox browser, my home page, which is ProZ home page, comes up in an unacceptably small font size, and I have to press Ctrl+plus key to increase it. I then go to other pages and may have to press Ctrl+minus key to reduce it. I think this only happens on the ProZ site, but I am not sure about this. It is of course easy enough to change the font size, but I never used to have to do it, so why now? I wondered at first if it might be something to do with Firefox, but I have tried Internet Explorer too, and it is the same there. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:06
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Me too Nov 19, 2007

And also other problems as well, such as slow access times and receiving peer agrees via e-mail when they are not shown below the answer yet. I believe they are working extensively on the site or something, so I've chosen not to bother them with another ticket.

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
http://www.proz.com/?sp=site_status Nov 20, 2007

I'm experiencing some of these problems is well.

Just last week, Henry mentioned this link: http://www.proz.com/?sp=site_status
You can check site status there.

Today it says:

Slow site response

The site performance has been significantly reduced while we're repairing a database issue related to synchronization. We appreciated your patience as we work to solve this problem.

I don't think this explains your font size problem though, Jack.

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Logged in or out? Nov 20, 2007

I use Netscape 7.2. It keeps a cookie so that any time I go to Proz I'm automatically logged in. Now and then I do a cookie cleanup in my browser. Right after I've done it, I enter Proz as "logged out". In such condition, font size is random. As soon as I log in, my Proz preferences are restored.

Would this explain your case, Jack?

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:06
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Nov 20, 2007

I am logged in all the time and I haven't done a cookie cleanup for a long time. Thanks anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Erratic font size

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs