Thread poster: Yaotl Altan

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:16
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 23, 2007

This is my second day facing the following problem.

Every time I read a Proz.com-related e-mail in my Hotmail account, I realize that opening those messages is a very slow motion action Some days ago it was fine and it opened immedately but now I have to wait more than 1 minute. This is happenning just with Proz.com messages as other pages open normally.

Suggestions?? Thank you vrey much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:16
SITE FOUNDER
Could you put the body of the email in a support ticket? Nov 23, 2007

Hi Yaotl,

What immediately comes to mind is that there may be an image in the email, and the server with the image is slow. Can you enter a support ticket with the body of the email (and headers, if you know how)?

Thanks for helping us solve this problem.

Henry

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:16
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

I observe something similar Nov 24, 2007

Hi Henry,

I use Thunderbird as an email client. All messages are downloaded usually very fast; however, there is always a rather long pause (up to 1 minute or sometimes even more) when a message from ProZ.com is downloaded. This resembles downloading a rather large attachment (I have a fast connection).

This occurs with all messages containing "[ProZ.com mail]" in the subject. There are no images in these messages; the messages themselves often include a few words only and the headers do not seem to contain anything unusual...

[Edited at 2007-11-24 00:41]

Haiyang Ai  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hotmail Nov 24, 2007

Yaotl Altan wrote:
Every time I read a Proz.com-related e-mail in my Hotmail account, I realize that opening those messages is a very slow motion action

Hotmail is also very slow here in mainland China. Sometimes it's just impossible to logon, or read emails. I don't know why. And I've decided not to use Hotmail email services at all.
Paid email services are usually good. For free email services, I would recommend Gmail.

Regards,
Haiyang

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still slow Nov 28, 2007

Hi, Henry:

I've opened a support ticket but no one has read it

Indeed, any browse in Proz page is very slow since last week. It's not my browser because it's happening only here. Opening kudoz, writing this message or reading my job offers became a torture as I used to open those windows just in seconds and now it's a long lasting operation...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow windows

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs