Thread poster: widati utami

widati utami  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 15:57
Japanese to Indonesian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2007

Dear colleagues,

In several period of time, I usually update and edit my CV and then upload it in my Proz profile. I assume that everytime we upload our CV in our profile, the old CV will automatically be deleted. But, I still find my old CV in search engine though I have uploaded the new one (the updated one). Can somebody tell me what is happening and how I can permanently delete my old CV from the search engine.

Many thanks.

Widati

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:57
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Wait until search engins pick up your new CV Nov 27, 2007

Hi Widati,
You can't really delete anything from the search engines, however they will find your new CV and eventually replace it in their indexes. Just be a bit patient.

HTH,
Magda

Haiyang Ai  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
Updated Nov 28, 2007

Yes, search engines will update their database with your new CV. And will display your new CV when queried.
But I doubt that they might keep the old CV in their database indefinitely. Just wondering, not quite sure.

Kind regards
Haiyang

widati utami  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 15:57
Japanese to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 28, 2007

Thanks for your responses.

But, I still find the CV I'd uploaded last year though since then I have ever uploaded the edited versions several times.

Is there anything I can do but waiting?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to permanently delete the old CV

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs