Mobile menu

Cannot change proflie settings!
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 02:23
English to Spanish
Dec 5, 2007

I've repeatedly tried to modify the settings of my profile page, and although I press SAVE and the page reloads, when I open my profile again I see the old settings. Also, how can I set the English version as default for visitors?
I'm having this problem particularly in the ABOUT ME section.
Thanks to you all.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ricardo Vella
Argentina
Local time: 03:23
Profile Settings Dec 6, 2007

Hello Débora, nice to meet you!

First of all, let me congratulate you for your excellent profile.
Now, there isnt any problem when changing the about me section in the profile, it seems that you are using Internet Explorer, and sometimes that browser puts in the "cache" some pages.
The question now is... What's the "cache"?
ok, thats easy!
When you save some information, or browse some pages internet explorer save copies of that pages to the "cache" (that is a special folder on your system, that is used to save the browsed pages), sometimes internet explorer dont request new pages, for doing a speed-up, it takes them from the cache, but this data can be (sometimes) old.
And that is what 's happening, i fixed some of that issues on the about me section, like when you edit the about me text, save and then click again in edit (now it shows the text without accessing the browser cache)
But this sometimes will happen to you, not only in ProZ, in all the websites.

The Solution?
When you have this kind of problems, press the key F5, and that will force your browser to get a new copy (not the old) of the page.
By the way, Mozilla Firefox doesn't have this problem.

Another issue, you have the profile setted to be displayed on english as default to visitors, you can change that on:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&eid_s=84786&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=se

Thanks a lot for supporting the community!!
If you need more help please contact me, i will be very happy of helping you...

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 02:23
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ricardo, but... Dec 6, 2007

...it happens that I use Mozilla Firefox, not IE. Is it the same stuff with the F5 key?
Thanks again!

Ricardo Vella
Argentina
Local time: 03:23
Same stuff... Dec 7, 2007

Hello again Debora!

you can use CTRL+F5 to bypass the browser cache in Mozilla Firefox.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot change proflie settings!

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs