Mobile menu

Proz profile and statistics - Can anyone suggest a tool that can be used in ProZ.com?
Thread poster: Alessandro Cattelan
Alessandro Cattelan
Italy
Local time: 22:36
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 20, 2007

Hello,
I've just recently updated my profile on Proz and I would like to add some script to gather statistics about how many people see my profile and where they come from. Can anyone suggest some such tool that can be used in Proz?
Thanks,
Alessandro.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-20 20:00]

Direct link Reply with quote

Mer286  Identity Verified
Argentina
Spanish to English
Become a member Dec 20, 2007

Hi Alessandro!
As a Proz member you can keep track of the people who visit your profile, or your kudoz and even your portfolio, and know where they are from.

Regards,
Mercedes

Alessandro Cattelan
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know... Dec 20, 2007

I know but I am not a member (yet) so I wanted to use some other script.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:36
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Sitemeter Dec 20, 2007

It's free. You have to paste a javascript code and that's pretty much it. Check my profile.

xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
sitemeters Dec 21, 2007

Hi Claudia - it might be free, but that doesn't make it easy!!

You could have supplied some info on HOW to paste the javascript onto one's profile page....nevertheless I will suss it out eventually (I'm not too good on technicalities)

Alessandro Cattelan
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is easy! Dec 21, 2007

John Paul Weir wrote:

Hi Claudia - it might be free, but that doesn't make it easy!!

You could have supplied some info on HOW to paste the javascript onto one's profile page....nevertheless I will suss it out eventually (I'm not too good on technicalities)

All you have to do is click on the "Edit" entry in the "About me" section of your profile and paste the code into the text box. A small counter will appear on you profile (check mine).

It seems a nice script, I just hope it doesn't violate any Proz rule - some months ago I used a similar script but I had to remove it because some user complained about the fact that it gathered information by means of a cookie... But that's how these tools work, so what should one do?

A.

xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Got it sorted... Dec 22, 2007

Alessandro - thanks for the advice, but I did manage to get a hit counter set up after all, and it wasn't too difficult, really; but thanks anyway. Happy Christmas

Alessandro Cattelan
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Dec 22, 2007

John Paul Weir wrote:

Alessandro - thanks for the advice, but I did manage to get a hit counter set up after all, and it wasn't too difficult, really; but thanks anyway. Happy Christmas

I'm happy about that, but I think that being a member gives you access to the statistics feature of Proz that should report more useful information than a simple counter.
Happy holidays to you too (and anyone)!
Ale.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz profile and statistics - Can anyone suggest a tool that can be used in ProZ.com?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs