Mobile menu

ProZ authorization key when signing up for hosting
Thread poster: Sara Freitas

Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 19:08
French to English
Mar 12, 2003

I am in the process of registering for hosting, but don\'t seem to be able to find out where the \"authorization key\" comes from. It says I will receive it from ProZ customer service, but how and when? You need the code to continue the sign-up process.
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same exact situation Mar 14, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-12 15:46, SFM wrote:

I am in the process of registering for hosting, but don\'t seem to be able to find out where the \"authorization key\" comes from. It says I will receive it from ProZ customer service, but how and when? You need the code to continue the sign-up process.

I was beginning to think it was just me

United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Update Mar 15, 2003

I received an email from Proz customer service with the authorization key, and was able to complete my registration. It seems a bit odd that the authorization key would be sent hours after you make your payment, when the system tells you it is needed right away in order to complete the registration process.

Perhaps this is something that is being addressed?

Thanks.

Jason Grimes
Local time: 13:08
SITE STAFF
Sorry for the delay Mar 15, 2003

We are in the process of migrating to new payment processors, and so the normal functionality of the hosting sign-up page (where you buy your domain from within the sign-up page itself) had to be temporarily replaced with a manual method. Sorry for any inconvenience.

jg

United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
thanks for the explanation Mar 15, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-15 10:49, jg wrote:

We are in the process of migrating to new payment processors, and so the normal functionality of the hosting sign-up page (where you buy your domain from within the sign-up page itself) had to be temporarily replaced with a manual method. Sorry for any inconvenience.

jg

Thanks much, Jason

S.

Santiago Neme, M.D.  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Waiting for my key, too. Mar 20, 2003

It\'s been over 8 hours and I still haven\'t received my key...How long does this usually take?

Thank you!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ authorization key when signing up for hosting

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs