Mobile menu

1. Real name. 2. Glossary
Thread poster: Dave Simons

Dave Simons
Local time: 05:10
French to English
Jun 17, 2001

1. No matter how many times I click that I want my real name shown, only my user name shows up. Is \"show real name\" a privilege reserved for higher-grade members?

2. A message invites me to enter a term in the glossary. When I click on the link I arrive at the page of suggested answers for that term. Then what? Is there a link I can\'t see?

Thanks

Dave

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:10
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 17, 2001

I don\'t know why this function did not work for you...I have not heard this complaint before. Anyway, I went to your profile and set things so that your real name will be shown. (Note that your username will still appear in some tight areas of the site, for example, in KudoZ leaderboards, etc.)

As for the glossary entry box, that is a problem that needs to be looked at. Thanks for your patience.

Direct link

Guy Bray  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:10
Member (2002)
French to English
Jul 22, 2001

I just want to add my name to Dave\'s complaint: I have a string of these abortive invitations to add my term to the glossary. Glad at least to know that I\'m not the only one.

Guy

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:10
SITE FOUNDER
It is now possible to enter terms into the glossary. Oct 3, 2001

SOrry for the long delay in fixing the term entry problem for completed KudoZ questions.

To go back and enter terms from questions you have answered in the past, do this:

- Login

- Click on your name or the \"P\" icon (This takes you to your profile page)

- Click on a kudoz point total (This will show all the terms you have suggested translations for.)

- CLick on the word \"enter\" in the far right column. (This will bring you to a page that allows you to enter a glossary entry.)

Entering terms into the glossary has the following benefits:

- You earn BrowniZ points

- Your name becomes associated with the term, so that when people--maybe clients or collaborators--search the glossary in the future, they find you

- The edited glossary entry becomes a resource for everybody

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1. Real name. 2. Glossary

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs