Mobile menu

Introduce a spellchecker at ProZ.com
Thread poster: xiaoyanchen
xiaoyanchen
Local time: 16:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 30, 2008

I am wondering whether the proz website has the spell check function. I am just annoyed by so many spelling errors in the job description posted by outsourcers and in the forum questions and answers. I think if proz.com is really a place where professionals gather, we should at least eliminate this problem.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-30 20:29]

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:45
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Most browsers have a spellchecker Jan 30, 2008

so it's more a question about posters not caring to use it. If they neglect to use the one they already have, I don't believe they will use anything ProZ introduces additionally.

Uldis

xiaoyanchen wrote:

I am wondering whether the proz website has the spell check function. I am just annoyed by so many spelling errors in the job description posted by outsourcers and in the forum questions and answers.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introduce a spellchecker at ProZ.com

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs