Mobile menu

Has ProZ website been crashing a lot recently?
Thread poster: Rad Graban

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:39
English to Slovak
+ ...
Mar 5, 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if anybody else has been having problems with the site since last week. It crashes 3-4 times a day and when it does, it's usually down for about 40 minutes. When it's working, it's working perfectly, but now and then, when I refresh it, I get the message "Server not found" and I can't load it for about 40 minutes. I don't think it's a problem with my connection, as I have about ten tabs open at any one time and no problems with other sites.

Rad

P.S. Today, it was down from 10am till 10.35. Then I managed to load it, wrote this post and when I went to post it, it crashed again.

[Edited at 2008-03-05 12:01]

Direct link Reply with quote

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 21:39
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Working fine for me. Mar 5, 2008

I haven't had any trouble with the site, and I've been on most of the time for the last 12 hours, as well as a good deal of the time yesterday.

Hope it clears up for you.

Cheers,

Jane

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
No problems here Mar 5, 2008

Occasionally a little slow, but that has improved over the last few weeks.

Certainly not crashing as you describe.

Hope you come right
Debs

Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
Member (2004)
French to German
+ ...
strange and slow Mar 5, 2008

It didn't crash, but it was quite slow and showed a stranged behavior...

Andrew
United States
English
No issues recently Mar 5, 2008

Hello Rad,

We haven't experienced any technical issues that would cause the symptoms you've described.

Our connection to Sky Broadband seem pretty solid with response times of about 150 milliseconds.

Have you noticed this same issue over the last 4 hours?

Best Regards
Andrew

United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Mar 5, 2008

Andrew wrote:

Have you noticed this same issue over the last 4 hours?

No. It was only twice this morning. I just find it strange, as I've never had this problem before (till last Tuesday). Well, hopefully it was just temporary.

United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And again Mar 5, 2008

Just after sending my last post it crashed again, when I was trying to refresh the page. Down at 15.25, back on at 15.45. No idea what's going on.

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:39
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Similar issue Mar 5, 2008

Hello,

I have been having a similar issue recently: For the last two weeks or so I cannot access Proz.com out of the blue, it suddenly tells me the server is not found. (I'm usually logged on all day.) Refreshing does not help either. All my other applications and all other websites work fine at the same time, only Proz.com does not work.

When I disconnect from the Internet and reconnect, however, Proz.com suddenly works again as well. Have you tried restarting your Internet connection in these instances? I'd just be curious if you are having the same issue as me, whatever that may be.

United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never tried to disconnect and reconnect... Mar 5, 2008

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A. wrote:
When I disconnect from the Internet and reconnect, however, Proz.com suddenly works again as well. Have you tried restarting your Internet connection in these instances? I'd just be curious if you are having the same issue as me, whatever that may be.

It usually loads again after a while (after about 40 minutes) by just clicking on refresh button. It's not a major issue but I have to say that there are times when I find it really frustrating.
It looks we have the same problem. Hopefully, the IT team will find the solution to this problem soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has ProZ website been crashing a lot recently?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs