ProZ.com Translation Contest. Please complete the survey on the current voting system.
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 14, 2008

Dear All,

We would like to gather feedback from contest participants on what is or is not working about the winner selection process. If you have participated in contests, either by submitting an entry or by voting, you are invited to take a few minutes to complete this survey: http://www.proz.com/survey/137

Thanks,
Romina

Yuri Smirnov
Yuri Smirnov  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:26
English to Belarusian
+ ...
Wise Move Apr 14, 2008

After the greatest invention of mankind, the kudoZ, a new great move!
No need quarelling and calling names.
Just answer the survey and keep trusting the wisdom of the 'wise movers'. And the energy of the shakers, too.

[Edited at 2008-04-14 17:16]

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Maybe a different problem Apr 14, 2008

I didn't vote. I guess it was about the end of the contest, I was repeatedly asked by e-mail to evaluate a few remaining translations in my pair. So first I had a look at those that had already been classified, to "calibrate my instruments". And there I saw a couple that I would actually have rejected. This made my gage needle spin, and I gave up.

I am incompetent to respond to your survey, as I didn't vote. However I wonder if there is anything that can be done to spare me from suc
... See more
I didn't vote. I guess it was about the end of the contest, I was repeatedly asked by e-mail to evaluate a few remaining translations in my pair. So first I had a look at those that had already been classified, to "calibrate my instruments". And there I saw a couple that I would actually have rejected. This made my gage needle spin, and I gave up.

I am incompetent to respond to your survey, as I didn't vote. However I wonder if there is anything that can be done to spare me from such a predicament next time.
Collapse

Katia Gygax
Katia Gygax  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:26
French to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Apr 15, 2008

RominaZ wrote:a few minutes to complete this survey: http://www.proz.com/survey/137[/quote]

Romina, this was a really good and right thing to do.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Translation Contest. Please complete the survey on the current voting system.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »