7th ProZ.com Translation Contest: Sports. Submission phase is on!
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 8, 2008

Dear Members,

I'm happy to announce that the "7th ProZ.com Translation Contest: Sports" has officially started. The submission phase is now open. This round will represent the last "quarterly" contest before the first "annual" contest.

For the first time, and thanks to the community members' efforts, we are able to present eleven source texts in the following languages: English, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Romanian, German, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese and Dutch
... See more
Dear Members,

I'm happy to announce that the "7th ProZ.com Translation Contest: Sports" has officially started. The submission phase is now open. This round will represent the last "quarterly" contest before the first "annual" contest.

For the first time, and thanks to the community members' efforts, we are able to present eleven source texts in the following languages: English, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Romanian, German, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese and Dutch. This will provide opportunities for more members to have a go at the contest.

All contest-related information can be viewed from the contest page by clicking the tab you wish to see (Contest, Previous Contest, FAQ, Contest Forum, Contest Rules).

You can see the texts and start making entries here http://www.proz.com/contests

The deadline for submission is Wednesday, June 4.

I hope to see you all there!

Romina
Collapse

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 08:26
One question May 8, 2008

Should the title be translated?

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Titles should not be translated. May 8, 2008

Dear Bin Tiede,

Titles should not be translated.

See you at the contest!

Romina

Luis Arri Cibils
Luis Arri Cibils  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Question May 8, 2008

Hi Romina,

Per the rules, you can submit a translation together with a collaborator, as long as you identify him/her in your submittal. The person submitting the translation must be a ProZ member. May the collaborator be a user, but not a member?

Best,

Luis

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 07:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
Contests are great May 9, 2008

I love the contests! Thanks for your hard work, Romina. The timing has never worked out for me to submit an entry, but I'm really going to try to do it this time.

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Entering the contest with a partner May 9, 2008

Hi Luis,

Sorry for keeping you waiting for the reply.

Luis Arri Cibils wrote:

Hi Romina,

Per the rules, you can submit a translation together with a collaborator, as long as you identify him/her in your submittal. The person submitting the translation must be a ProZ member. May the collaborator be a user, but not a member?

Luis

In principle, there is no objection to this, but for the time being it is not technically possible. I will let you know as soon as this has been enabled.

Thanks

Romina

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Entering the contest with a collaborator. May 13, 2008

Hi Luis,

The possibility of adding a user of the site as a collaborator to a member's entry has been enabled.

Try it and let me know. If you experience any difficulties please submit a support ticket

See you at the contest!.

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

7th ProZ.com Translation Contest: Sports. Submission phase is on!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »