7th ProZ.com Translation Contest. Third phase.
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 18, 2008

Dear All,

The 7th ProZ.com Translation Contest is currently in the third phase:

* Votes are being tallied in language pairs with more than 7 entries which underwent qualification round voting. Final voting in these pairs will start on June 19, 15 GMT.

* Language pairs with 3-7 entries are facing final round voting.

*A winner cannot be selected in language pairs with 1 or 2 entrie
... See more
Dear All,

The 7th ProZ.com Translation Contest is currently in the third phase:

* Votes are being tallied in language pairs with more than 7 entries which underwent qualification round voting. Final voting in these pairs will start on June 19, 15 GMT.

* Language pairs with 3-7 entries are facing final round voting.

*A winner cannot be selected in language pairs with 1 or 2 entries. However, these pairs will be open for feedback via the like / dislike tagging system soon.

As agreed in this thread , final voting in each pair will be open only to those who are native in the target language and work in the same language pair they wish to vote.

Winners will be announced on July 2, 14 GMT.

Thanks for your participation.

Romina
Collapse

Alexander Onishko
Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
a small suggestion Jun 18, 2008

If I cannot vote in some language pair, why I cannot at least view the like/dislike notes on the contestants' entries?

I believe this can do no harm for the contestants

Jack Qin
Jack Qin  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
A question Jun 18, 2008

Hi Romina,

Why I didn't receive the invitation for attending the Translation Contest? I was told that only those wiht three language pairs and above are entitled to participate. Is that so?

Thanks,

Jack

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to get notified about ProZ.com Translation Contests Jun 19, 2008

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your interest in the contests.

Jack Qin wrote:
I was told that only those wiht three language pairs and above are entitled to participate. Is that so?
Thanks,

No, this is not so.

Contests are open to members of the site no matter the number of languages they work in.

Invitations to participate in the contests usually take the form of forum announcements in this forum, contest banners displayed on the home page, notifications to the members subscribed to receive contest notifications and, in some cases only, I send reminders to enter when the deadline is close and there's not a sufficient number of entries for a particular pair to go to the final round voting.

The reason why you didn't receive an invitation email may be that submission closed on June 4 for the pairs you work in and you became a member of the site at a later date.

You can subscribe to receive contest notifications from the contest page http://www.proz.com/contests and also track this forum.

I hope you participate in the final voting round in your pair, which will start today.

The annual translation contest will start in July.

I hope to see you there.

You can read more about contests here http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=faqs

Thanks for your interest.

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

7th ProZ.com Translation Contest. Third phase.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »