https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translation_contests/85040-winners_of_the_fourth_prozcom_translation_contest.html

Winners of the Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest!
Thread poster: María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 05:02
SITE STAFF
Sep 27, 2007

Dear all,

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in ProZ.com's Fourth Translation Contest. And special congratulations to the winners! To have a look at our winners and their entries, and to leave feedback or suggestions for the contest, go here: http://www.proz.com/contests . You can also leave specific feedback on the pages for each language pair, and for each entry where the poster has c
... See more
Dear all,

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in ProZ.com's Fourth Translation Contest. And special congratulations to the winners! To have a look at our winners and their entries, and to leave feedback or suggestions for the contest, go here: http://www.proz.com/contests . You can also leave specific feedback on the pages for each language pair, and for each entry where the poster has chosen to publish their entry an receive colleagues' comments.

Thanks again to everyone for making this the most successful contest yet (with nearly 400 entries), and I look forward to seeing you again in the next one!

Kind regards,
Florencia

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-27 19:44]
Collapse

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:02
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Congratulations to All of You! Sep 27, 2007

I am very happy to see that there are persons who are winners for the first time. This is wonderful!

Many compliments to all!

Emanuela

Muriel Fuchs
Muriel Fuchs
German to French
Thanks Sep 28, 2007

to the staff around Florencia for organising that new contest
to the participants
to the posters of comments
and congratulations to the winners.

It's has been a nice and rich "experience".
I'm already looking forward to the next one

Muriel

BeLocalized
BeLocalized
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks For All Sep 28, 2007

Hi All,

We are so delighted to win out the Arabic contest. In fact, it was a wealth of experience and we enjoyed it so much!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all voters, participants as well as those who have been behind the scenes i.e. event organizers and coordinators.

I just have one query; I think this is Proz fourth translation contest, not the third one as indicated on the winner's digital certificate we have received.

I wo
... See more
Hi All,

We are so delighted to win out the Arabic contest. In fact, it was a wealth of experience and we enjoyed it so much!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all voters, participants as well as those who have been behind the scenes i.e. event organizers and coordinators.

I just have one query; I think this is Proz fourth translation contest, not the third one as indicated on the winner's digital certificate we have received.

I would appreciate so much if Florencia could possibly check this matter since, I think, it is common among other winners.

Thanks a million

On behalf of BeLocalized team,

Muhammad Alatoon
Collapse

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 05:02
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Certificates are now ready to be downloaded! Sep 28, 2007

Dear winners,

Let me congratulate you here once again!

Please enjoy your moment of glory - you deserve it!

Notice that to be able to see the diploma in your "contests won" section in your profile, you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Here is the link to download it if you do not have it yet:
... See more
Dear winners,

Let me congratulate you here once again!

Please enjoy your moment of glory - you deserve it!

Notice that to be able to see the diploma in your "contests won" section in your profile, you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Here is the link to download it if you do not have it yet:
http://www.adobe.com/es/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Please let me know if everything works all right.

Hope to see you all around in the next one!

Kind regards,
Florencia

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-28 15:16]
Collapse

Annamaria Arlotta
Annamaria Arlotta  Identity Verified
English to Italian
stimulating and instructive Oct 3, 2007

Taking part in these contests has been enjoyable and I find evaluating the many different solutions instructive. In my opinion the best translations reflects not only a good knowledge of the source language but also the ability to leave one's own mark, so that the reader gets a glimse of the person behind the computer while reading his/her text, he "gets to know him/her" as if he was reading an original story. It is called style, I guess. I also think that the original texts inspire the translat... See more
Taking part in these contests has been enjoyable and I find evaluating the many different solutions instructive. In my opinion the best translations reflects not only a good knowledge of the source language but also the ability to leave one's own mark, so that the reader gets a glimse of the person behind the computer while reading his/her text, he "gets to know him/her" as if he was reading an original story. It is called style, I guess. I also think that the original texts inspire the translators in different ways, some like it more and some less. Well, enough thinking...
Thank you Florencia for your work!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winners of the Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »