Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 5, 2007

Dear All,

The final voting phase is underway in the Fifth ProZ.com Translation Contest!

You are invited to review the entries in your language pairs and enjoy the way other translators handled the challenge.

If you meet the conditions required to vote, please do so. You can also leave comments that may help us all learn and have fun.

Winners will receive a digital certificate, recognition in the forums and, if desired, an icon in their profile
... See more
Dear All,

You are invited to review the entries in your language pairs and enjoy the way other translators handled the challenge.

If you meet the conditions required to vote, please do so. You can also leave comments that may help us all learn and have fun.

Winners will receive a digital certificate, recognition in the forums and, if desired, an icon in their profiles.

You can see the entries and help decide the winner in each language pair here: http://www.proz.com/contests .

Voting will close on December 12 at 3pm GMT.

Your vote can make a difference!

Kind regards,
Romina
Collapse

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:59
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
OFF TOPIC Dec 5, 2007

Your new picture is beautiful!

PS...and thank you for your work and dedication!

Bruna

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 5, 2007

Thanks Bruna

You made my day!

Susie Miles (X)
Susie Miles (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:59
English to Spanish
Everything was fine after all!! Dec 6, 2007

Dear Romina,

I think everything was fine, I already voted for the three best translations, according to my judgement, and I am no longer concerned about my disqualified entry. I think I got too much involved at first...
Thanks for everything.
Cordially,
Susie

RominaZ wrote:

Dear All,

Winners will receive a digital certificate, recognition in the forums and, if desired, an icon in their profiles.

You can see the entries and help decide the winner in each language pair here: http://www.proz.com/contests .

Voting will close on December 12 at 3pm GMT.

Your vote can make a difference!

Kind regards,
Romina

Larissa Boutrimova
Larissa Boutrimova  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
December 12 or 21? Dec 10, 2007

Hi Romina,

The contest page is now showing that voting will close on December 21 at 3:00 pm GMT. My memory might have failed me, but I think originally the date was this Wednesday, December 12. Can you please clarify?

Thanks a lot for all your effort

Larissa

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Final voting round ends December 21 Dec 10, 2007

Dear Larissa B,

Yes, you are right. Initially it was December 12 but we thought it would be beneficial to extend the voting phase and give all of you more time to vote.

This will be significant in those language pairs in which there has been little voting activity so far.

So the final voting round will end on December 21.

Thanks

Romina

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
How to motivate voting - prize drawing? Dec 14, 2007

Romina,
I am not sure simply extending the deadline will motivate more people to vote, especially before Xmas.
What about introducing some other incentive, for example a drawing for a small prize among those that vote in the final round. If you want to prevent people just randomly clicking their votes, you can narrow the drawing pool to those that "were right", I mean those people whose top choice actually won (or was in the first 3 or something for languages with lots of finalists)
... See more
Romina,
I am not sure simply extending the deadline will motivate more people to vote, especially before Xmas.
What about introducing some other incentive, for example a drawing for a small prize among those that vote in the final round. If you want to prevent people just randomly clicking their votes, you can narrow the drawing pool to those that "were right", I mean those people whose top choice actually won (or was in the first 3 or something for languages with lots of finalists).
What do you think?
Collapse

elzbieta jatowt
elzbieta jatowt  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:59
French to Polish
+ ...
sorry, here is one turtie...; Dec 14, 2007

Hi,
J don't understand what J must to do to submit my voting.

Best Regards Franela

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to vote Dec 14, 2007

franela wrote:

Hi,
J don't understand what J must to do to submit my voting.

Best Regards Franela

Hi Franela,

You cannot see the option to vote because there are no entries in your working language pairs. You can find more information here http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=faqs#contests.8

Katalin, thanks for your interest in the contests! Interesting suggestion.

Regards,

Romina

Miguel Cabelo
Miguel Cabelo  Identity Verified
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Positions Dec 15, 2007

Is it possible to follow who are at the moment the winning entries? Is the first on the list of qualified texts the one with more points?

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:59
English to Romanian
the winning entries at the moment Dec 15, 2007

Miguel Cabelo wrote:

Is it possible to follow who are at the moment the winning entries? Is the first on the list of qualified texts the one with more points?

I think this should not be done while voting is underway, because it could influence the voters.

Miguel Cabelo
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Positions Dec 15, 2007

That is my opinion too. Just to be sure that is the way it works.

Miguel Cabelo
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Positions Dec 16, 2007

In any case I see that the position of some texts in the list changes from time to time, much as if they are scoring points.

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed positions Dec 17, 2007

Dear Miguel,

You should see the entries in the same fixed position all the time. Please make sure that you are logged in when you check the entries as this position may vary depending on whether you are logged in or logged out.

Regards,
Romina

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Link to this forum from the contest page Dec 18, 2007

Romina,
Why isn't there a link from the Contest page to this forum? I thought there used to be one, but I cannot find it anymore. It would be logical to have a link there - don't you think?
The FAQ on the contest page does not mention anything about the existence of this forum, either.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com translation contest #5 - Final voting underway

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »