Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Off topic: Goodbye!
Thread poster: Jacek Krankowski (X)
Jacek Krankowski (X)
Jacek Krankowski (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
May 9, 2003

Being also a translator for a major political body and being unable to discuss or even mention the subject matter of my work (which BTW is in the public domain)

on this website only because of its political nature, I have decided that

ProZ is no longer for me and therefore I am removing my profile from here. 95% of my outsourcing goes to my pre-ProZ collaborators anyhow.

ProZ seems to be now more about translation technology and that is not all it takes
... See more
Being also a translator for a major political body and being unable to discuss or even mention the subject matter of my work (which BTW is in the public domain)

on this website only because of its political nature, I have decided that

ProZ is no longer for me and therefore I am removing my profile from here. 95% of my outsourcing goes to my pre-ProZ collaborators anyhow.

ProZ seems to be now more about translation technology and that is not all it takes to be a good translator. I stand by the dictionary definition of a \"forum\" (once there is a forum) which is a \"place of or meeting for public discussion.\"

So much for the explanation I owe you. I elaborated a bit on the loss of the soul at the conclusion of the following thread:

http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=bb/viewtopic&mode=viewtopic&topic_id=8777&forum_id=23&start=15 If things generally tend not to bother you, please do not bother to read it.

Hope to see again some of you in the real world or on other websites,

Jacek
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:46
English to German
+ ...
All the best May 9, 2003

Well, I hope things will work out for you - I\'m just disappointed that you chose to conceal your reasons when you resigned as a moderator.

Best regards, Ralf

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sorry to see you go May 9, 2003

Jacek,

I am indeed sorry to see you go. I\'ve always enjoyed reading your postings, your insight and your sense of humor.

Catherine

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:46
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
I wish you all the best May 9, 2003

Ciao Jacek,

I am sorry you decided to delete your profile, honestly.

I am comfortable with the site policy no-politcs, no-controversial subjects, as I see it as a way for having a \"stressless\" area, when we are anyway confronted with all these issues daily on other sites, MLs or in real life. Anything can become controversial, that\'s true, but this depends on what we make out of an interesting opinion exchange... it\'s up to us, in one sentence.
... See more
Ciao Jacek,

I am sorry you decided to delete your profile, honestly.

I am comfortable with the site policy no-politcs, no-controversial subjects, as I see it as a way for having a \"stressless\" area, when we are anyway confronted with all these issues daily on other sites, MLs or in real life. Anything can become controversial, that\'s true, but this depends on what we make out of an interesting opinion exchange... it\'s up to us, in one sentence.

I\'ll miss your contributions in the Italian forum.

Take care,

Giuliana

[ This Message was edited by: docgy on 2003-05-09 06:57]
Collapse

Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:46
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
We will miss you May 9, 2003

Good luck, Jacek!

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
It's a pity May 9, 2003

Jacek,

I always enjoyed reading your contributions. We will miss you.

Laura

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Only the profile May 9, 2003

Hi Chenoumi,

Quote:

All of it disappeared?

No - all of that will remain. It\'s just that when you try to look at Jacek\'s profile that you\'ll get an error message.

Ralf

Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
ProZ' loss but understandable. May 9, 2003

Dear Jacek, you are not gone for us, we know where to find you elsewhere. So : re-bonjour! soon.

But a word for those who have consulted this page: one of them just sent me a anonymous mail. Have we come to this at proZ? Using a nice feature that enables us to insult others without being identified?

I narrowed the choice of possible senders down to three. One of them is a moderator. But what the heck, let the sender remain anonymous since he does not hav
... See more
Dear Jacek, you are not gone for us, we know where to find you elsewhere. So : re-bonjour! soon.

But a word for those who have consulted this page: one of them just sent me a anonymous mail. Have we come to this at proZ? Using a nice feature that enables us to insult others without being identified?

I narrowed the choice of possible senders down to three. One of them is a moderator. But what the heck, let the sender remain anonymous since he does not have the guts to sign his messages.

I am really at loss for words.

Maya

[ This Message was edited by: mayagyan on 2003-05-09 08:28]
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
I'll miss you, Jacek May 9, 2003

I always read your contributions with interest and it was a pleasure meeting you in Porto Santo Stefano.

I understand and respect the site\'s \"no politics\" stance.

I am also aware that there is a very thin line between politics and non-politics within almost any kind of discussion where personal opinions are expressed and of the dangers of applying a rule with rigidity for the sake of playing it safe and avoiding possible future trouble (which may or may not come).
... See more
I always read your contributions with interest and it was a pleasure meeting you in Porto Santo Stefano.

I understand and respect the site\'s \"no politics\" stance.

I am also aware that there is a very thin line between politics and non-politics within almost any kind of discussion where personal opinions are expressed and of the dangers of applying a rule with rigidity for the sake of playing it safe and avoiding possible future trouble (which may or may not come).

This is particularly sensitive in a site to which a large number of active participants (as I perceive it) turn to not only for practical/technical reasons but also/especially for the gratification of human contact.

I have no no-fail recipe to suggest, I\'m merely expressing what\'s buzzing round my head...

A bit saddened,

Roberta
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check my response May 9, 2003

Quote:

09 08:28]

Hi Maya,

Please see my response to your other thread.

Ralf

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
We will miss you :-(( May 9, 2003

Well, this has been a bad week for me, and certainly your leaving ProZ is another one to add to the heap.

I hope everything goes well with you .

Regards,

Mar

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sorry to see you go May 9, 2003

Any time we use any kind of censorship, we lose a wealth of knowledge from those people we consider outcasts.

Good luck!

P.

Ouadoud
Ouadoud  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
A loss May 9, 2003

Hi Jacek,

In my personal opinion and analysis, your departure is a loss for this site by all parameters and on all degrees. Censorship is ugly, but I understand private policies!

See you.

Ouadoud

Arabic translator

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:46
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I entirely agree with you, Jacek May 9, 2003

What can I say? See you on the other side (you know where...).

Giovanni

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Goodbye!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »