Announcing team workspace (private forums, KudoZ, and file sharing)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 08:33
SITE STAFF
Dec 3, 2008

Are you interested in collaborating with your colleagues as a team, perhaps on a specific project, or for ongoing work? Some updates are underway to the ProZ.com teams feature to help facilitate this activity. A new team workspace page has been created which allows team members to:

• Discuss terminology or project details with your colleagues in a centralized private forum
  • Ask terminology questions to other team members using a private version of KudoZ
  • Share fi... See more
  • Are you interested in collaborating with your colleagues as a team, perhaps on a specific project, or for ongoing work? Some updates are underway to the ProZ.com teams feature to help facilitate this activity. A new team workspace page has been created which allows team members to:

• Discuss terminology or project details with your colleagues in a centralized private forum
  • Ask terminology questions to other team members using a private version of KudoZ
  • Share files with team members in a private file storage space

To create a new team, go to your team page (reachable from My ProZ.com->My Teams in the main menu, or by clicking here: http://www.proz.com/team ) and click "Create team" in the navigation bar on the left. (Only ProZ.com members may create a new team, but any registered user can be a team member)

To access the team workspace, go to your team page and click "Team workspace" in the navigation bar on the left.

You can learn more about ProZ.com translation teams by reading the team FAQ.

If this interest you, please try out these collaboration tools with a few of your colleagues, and post any feedback in this forum topic.

Best regards,

Jason ▲ Collapse

•  
    Hynek Palatin
    Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
    Czech Republic
    Local time: 14:33
    Member (2003)
    English to Czech
    + ...
    New team page design Dec 18, 2008

Hi Jason,

I have a few questions:

Is it no longer possible to use HTML in the team description?

Why is the team leader photo much smaller than the team members' photos?

Why are there different details shown for the team leader and for the team members? Wouldn't it be better to use the same format for both the leader and the members?

Thanks,
    Hynek

l Gaston l
    l Gaston l  Identity Verified
    Local time: 09:33
    Afrikaans to Ancient Hebrew
    + ...
    Thanks for your feedback Dec 18, 2008

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Hi Jason,

I have a few questions:

Is it no longer possible to use HTML in the team description?

Why is the team leader photo much smaller than the team members' photos?

Why are there different details shown for the team leader and for the team members? Wouldn't it be better to use the same format for both the leader and the members?

Thanks,
    Hynek

Hi Hynek,

Thanks for your feedback.

HTML is not supported in team description. I will think about it and see if I find a good way to support some kind of HTML without having other side-effect issues, like broken pages.

About team leader information (and photo). Seems I forgot to include BrowniZ/languages information on it. I have tried to keep the same old format and information, leaving Team leader separated from team members.

I thought about placing team leader in the same list than team members, (with a "team leader" label), but again, trying to follow the old format structure, I left the team leader in a separated location.

I will change team leader photo, to be the same size as team members, and add missing information.

Please, feel free to suggest me any changes and improvements, anything that you concider it can improve your experience with the feature.

Best,
    Gastón

Mohamed Salaheldin
    Mohamed Salaheldin  Identity Verified
    Egypt
    Member (2006)
    English to Arabic
    + ...
    multiple language pairs- how to quote by TL May 23, 2009

My question is:
    When I quote for a job, as a team leader, you consider my pair only, preventing from quoting for the rest of pairs. How to quote for a multiple pairs team?

hany salah
    Arab Translators Team (ATT)

Jason Grimes wrote:

Are you interested in collaborating with your colleagues as a team, perhaps on a

specific project, or for ongoing work? Some updates are underway to the ProZ.com teams feature to help facilitate this activity. A new team workspace page has been created which allows team members to:

• Share files with team members in a private file storage space

To create a new team, go to your team page (reachable from My ProZ.com->My Teams in the main menu, or by clicking here: http://www.proz.com/team ) and click "Create team" in the navigation bar on the left. (Only ProZ.com members may create a new team, but any registered user can be a team member)

To access the team workspace, go to your team page and click "Team workspace" in the navigation bar on the left.

You can learn more about ProZ.com translation teams by reading the team FAQ.

If this interest you, please try out these collaboration tools with a few of your colleagues, and post any feedback in this forum topic.

Best regards,

Jason

•  
    Olena Kushnerenko
    Olena Kushnerenko  Identity Verified
    Ukraine
    English to Ukrainian
    + ...
    Is it possible to join someone's team? Apr 29, 2011

Dear colleagues,

Is it possible to join someone's team or a member may only join some team upon an invitation from the same?

Lucia Leszinsky
    Lucia Leszinsky
    SITE STAFF
    Invitation must be received to join a team Apr 29, 2011

Hi Lena,

To join a team you must receive an invitation from the team owner.

Remember that as a paying member you can create your own team, http://www.proz.com/?sp=team/home&sp_mode=createteam , and invite other members to join.

Kind regards,

Lucía

Christine Jonkers
    Christine Jonkers  Identity Verified
    Germany
    Member (2011)
    French to Dutch
    + ...
    Specific fields of translation Nov 2, 2012

When browsing through the team section, I miss the option to search on specific fields or specialties. I think it would be nice to have teams based on the area / field they work in with a combination of language pairs rather than creating a team based on the same language pairs. (for instance a Medical team with different language pairs). You can make such a team of course, but nobody will be able to find that team. I can also not search whether such teams are existing. Would that be something y... See more
    When browsing through the team section, I miss the option to search on specific fields or specialties. I think it would be nice to have teams based on the area / field they work in with a combination of language pairs rather than creating a team based on the same language pairs. (for instance a Medical team with different language pairs). You can make such a team of course, but nobody will be able to find that team. I can also not search whether such teams are existing. Would that be something you consider adding?

Thanks,
    Christine
    Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
    Lucia Leszinsky
    SITE STAFF
    Adding idea to list of suggestions for improvement... Nov 2, 2012

Hello Christine,

Interesting idea! I agree with you in that it would make sense to be able to specify one or more fields of expertise for a given group. This would allow clients and colleagues searching the teams directory to conduct a more specific search.

Let me add this idea then to the list of suggestions for Teams improvements to be evaluated in detail for possible future implementation. I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

Thanks for the fe
    ... See more
    Hello Christine,

Interesting idea! I agree with you in that it would make sense to be able to specify one or more fields of expertise for a given group. This would allow clients and colleagues searching the teams directory to conduct a more specific search.

Let me add this idea then to the list of suggestions for Teams improvements to be evaluated in detail for possible future implementation. I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

Thanks for the feedback!

Lucia
    Collapse

Josephine Cassar
    Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
    Malta
    Member (2012)
    English to Maltese
    + ...
    Forming a Team Nov 22, 2012

I am interested in forming a team with someone with my language pairs or areas of interest. Tks

Gloria Fiorani
    Gloria Fiorani  Identity Verified
    Italy
    Spanish to Italian
    + ...
    Forming a team Feb 6, 2013

Josephine Cassar wrote:

I am interested in forming a team with someone with my language pairs or areas of interest. Tks

Hello Josephine! I was wondering if you are still interested in forming a team. My language pairs are EN>IT and ES>IT. I would be glad to be in your team despite having quite a little experience.
    If you are still interested, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Gloria

Max Chernov
    Max Chernov
    Russian Federation
    Local time: 15:33
    Russian to German
    + ...
    Question Jun 5, 2013

Is it possible to join one team WITHOUT to be invited to it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing team workspace (private forums, KudoZ, and file sharing)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
    Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
    TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »