Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
More small updates to availability calendar (working hours, etc.)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Mette Melchior
Mette Melchior  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:17
English to Danish
+ ...
Ability to adjust availability directly on profile page Jan 1, 2009

Hi Jason and all other participants in this thread. I also think it is a great improvement that you can now easily select and edit the availability for several days at a time.

One feature I would like to be added, though, is the ability to do the same directly on the small calendar view on the profile page without having to open a new window. Would that be possible to implement? That would make it even easier and quicker to adjust the availability during a day or for several days at
... See more
Hi Jason and all other participants in this thread. I also think it is a great improvement that you can now easily select and edit the availability for several days at a time.

One feature I would like to be added, though, is the ability to do the same directly on the small calendar view on the profile page without having to open a new window. Would that be possible to implement? That would make it even easier and quicker to adjust the availability during a day or for several days at a time.

Thanks for doing so much to develop a site that suits the needs of the users!
Collapse

Ines R.
Ines R.
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
Hi Jason Jan 4, 2009

Thank you for the new features - it is very useful!

Kind regards and a happy new year

Ines Reisch

milena ferrante
milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
excellent update! Jan 5, 2009

I find it much more precise and it's very easy for outsourcers to get a translators' working hours at a glance. Although I would add something to set availability in a different way. I might not be able to work from 3 to 5 but I might be able to do it after 6, so working hours are usually very flexible depending on the days.

thanks a lot for the improvements!

JLLTranslation
JLLTranslation
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:17
French to English
+ ...
can we have different word counts for different days? Jan 7, 2009

Hi,
I work part-time and would love to be able to have different word counts per day e.g. 2000 on the days of the week I work all day and 500 on the days of the week I can only work evenings.
Would this be possible please?
Thanks,
Jo

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 17:17
Member (2003)
French to English
Thanks! Jan 8, 2009

These changes are great!

Koral Özgül
Koral Özgül  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:17
English to Turkish
+ ...
Starting day of the week Jan 15, 2009

Jason, thank you for your great efforts and the new features added. Google Calendar is quite inspiring, isn't it!

The only main feature that I'm missing yet is that I cannot select the start of the week to be Monday instead of Sunday! Sunday is a kind of "dead" day for me, and I think it may be so for many others, if you're not Christian and a regular church attendant. Thus, it just meddles and encumbers the (real) start of the week for me, which is Monday indeed!

Or ha
... See more
Jason, thank you for your great efforts and the new features added. Google Calendar is quite inspiring, isn't it!

The only main feature that I'm missing yet is that I cannot select the start of the week to be Monday instead of Sunday! Sunday is a kind of "dead" day for me, and I think it may be so for many others, if you're not Christian and a regular church attendant. Thus, it just meddles and encumbers the (real) start of the week for me, which is Monday indeed!

Or have I just missed to see the option in the interface?

Best,

Koral
Collapse

Sandra Petch
Sandra Petch
French to English
+ ...
Sorry, not to my liking Jan 16, 2009

I just discovered the new calendar features when updating my availability (I will be at a trade fair all day one day next week).

I was quite put out that ProZ should decide I'm not available weekends and that I work 9-to-5 (if only!).

Many people seem happy with these features but how many, like myself, aren't aware they have been introduced? Maybe I missed an announcement somewhere?

Anyway, I've edited the calendar to my liking and, as always, the profile
... See more
I just discovered the new calendar features when updating my availability (I will be at a trade fair all day one day next week).

I was quite put out that ProZ should decide I'm not available weekends and that I work 9-to-5 (if only!).

Many people seem happy with these features but how many, like myself, aren't aware they have been introduced? Maybe I missed an announcement somewhere?

Anyway, I've edited the calendar to my liking and, as always, the profile page is extremely user-friendly for editing and updating!
Collapse

Ahmad Batiran
Ahmad Batiran  Identity Verified
Yemen
Local time: 00:17
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Weekends vary Jan 21, 2009

Dear all,

This was a good automation. Thanks!

I would like to mention that Weekends are not the same worldwide. For example, the weekend in Saudi Arabia is Thu & Fri, at the time in Jordan it is Fri & Sat.

I hope you take this into consideration!

Keep it up and regards,

Ahmad

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Another possible feature... Jan 31, 2009

I would be pleased to see a box under the calendar saying, "About my calendar". In this box could go brief individual comments about how individuals set up their calendars.
I, for example, mark in red --not available -- the days for which I have booked projects or have personal commitments. However, I am often *available* for consultation by phone or e-mail on these days. I wish I had the opportunity to make this clear.
Other people mark themselves as *available* to indicate that
... See more
I would be pleased to see a box under the calendar saying, "About my calendar". In this box could go brief individual comments about how individuals set up their calendars.
I, for example, mark in red --not available -- the days for which I have booked projects or have personal commitments. However, I am often *available* for consultation by phone or e-mail on these days. I wish I had the opportunity to make this clear.
Other people mark themselves as *available* to indicate that they can be contacted, even though they are working on those days.
Others might want to say something like, "I check e-mail daily at 6:00", or "office hours from midnight to 8 a.m."
Just a thought
Collapse

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
On the basis of using the calendar for a minute or two... Feb 12, 2009

... a HUGE improvement!

I never bothered with it before since it was simply too much effort.

As it is, this is a real boon.

And maybe I can think of a few more features you can pop in there!

Cheers,

Ed

Jacqueline Carrera
Jacqueline Carrera
Ecuador
Local time: 16:17
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Amazing Feb 21, 2009

Finally one can set your availability for the whole month or any other period without having to do it day by day. Thanks ProZ

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Please, staff: be careful with automatic settings! Feb 28, 2009

Tom in London wrote:

(a) why was I not consulted about this before it was implemented?
(b) why was I not informed that it had been implemented?

I only found out by chance, when I discovered I had been described in RED as "unavailable". I didn't do that !

[Edited at 2008-12-08 17:15 GMT]

I second Tom's concern: I just discovered that I'm not available during weekends! Please don't make this kind of automatic settings, or if you must, inform me clearly (a forum message is not enough).

Thanks,
Erik

Luis Antonio de Larrauri
Luis Antonio de Larrauri  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Weekends Mar 7, 2009

Andrea Kowalenko wrote:

Hi Jason,

As always, these are very useful improvements. Thank you very much!

I am not sure what others think about this, but would it be possible to split the options further? For example, would it be possible to split the weekend into Saturdays and Sundays? I am normally available for work on Saturdays, but not on Sundays. Other people might have no problem with working on Sundyas, but would prefer to shift their "weekend" to any other days. So, thinking even further, would it be possible to just select any day of the week for not being available? People might never be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. And being at it, could it be even possible to set certain availability levels for certain days of the week automatically? For example, I might be only only partially available on all Wednesdays due to other working arrangements or classes of some kind. I think this would not be too difficult to implement, I am thinking of drop-down menus here.

For me personally, the most important aspect would be to allow setting Saturdays and Sundays individually. My other suggestions might as well be too far fetched ...

Kind regards,

Andrea

I agree with Andrea. This way, you can take into account the needs of other cultures with different weekends, as Ahmad Batiran points out.

Good work, thank you Jason for everything!

Samiris Ortiz
Samiris Ortiz
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
comment Mar 8, 2009

I am enjoying the new calendar format. It is very easy to use and time efficient too! No pun intended....

Thank you for your amazing work!

Samiris

MelissiM
MelissiM
Italy
"little ball" near your name/points at top of page Apr 23, 2009

Hi!
Sorry my bad English, I'm in a hurry!
I have a question:
I set my calendar as NOT visible to visitors, but when I open ProZ, I can see at the top of the page my nickname, followed by my kudoz and browniz points. Among these features there's also a little point, that now is dark orange 'cause I'm barely available today...
Question: WHO can see it? Me only, or also the other ones (colleagues and outsourcers)?
Thanks, and have a nice day!
Cristina

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More small updates to availability calendar (working hours, etc.)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »