Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Announcing ProZ.com invoicing tool for translators (alpha release)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Local time: 08:55
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks Jason Jan 17, 2009

Jason Grimes wrote:

Peter van der Hoek wrote:
I don't appear to be authorized to add any clients, therefore I cannot send any invoices using the system. Is this service just for corporate clients?

Hi Peter,

This problem should be fixed now, thanks for reporting it. Please let me know if you have any more trouble.

By the way, since it appears you were trying to add a client from the "clients" tab, you might be interested to know that it is also possible to create a new client at the same time you create an invoice. Just go to the "create invoice" page and select "new client" from the client list. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try later on.
I actually tried adding a client both ways but got the same error message.

Once I've tried it again I'll let you know how it worked out.

Thanks again for your time and your trouble.

Regards,

Peter

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I can now add clients, but invoice will not be sent Jan 17, 2009

Hi Jason,

Sorry to bother you again.
I am now indeed able to add new clients. I tried sending myself an invoice but unfortunately never received it. After clicking "save and send" the screen went directly back to the main invoice page without any confirmation of having sent an invoice.

Thanks again for your help, Jason. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

NOTE: If I save the invoice first and send it later it actually w
... See more
Hi Jason,

Sorry to bother you again.
I am now indeed able to add new clients. I tried sending myself an invoice but unfortunately never received it. After clicking "save and send" the screen went directly back to the main invoice page without any confirmation of having sent an invoice.

Thanks again for your help, Jason. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

NOTE: If I save the invoice first and send it later it actually works. That's good enough for me!

[Edited at 2009-01-17 21:51 GMT]
Collapse

Scott Savaiano
Scott Savaiano  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:55
French to English
nice new feature, one suggestion though Jan 17, 2009

It is especially helpful to have the change currency option, a little more reporting would be great but most helpful of all would be to connect this to the "My Project History" so that new projects could be added and an invoice generated simultaneously. Just a thought thanks.

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:55
English to Russian
+ ...
Problem with the link Jan 17, 2009

Jason,

I am a Certified Partial Member however the system does not let me open the link to invoicing tool saying that I have to be a member. Can this be fixed please?

Thanks in advance,
Bella

[Edited at 2009-01-17 22:51 GMT]

PRen (X)
PRen (X)
Canada
Local time: 03:55
French to English
+ ...
Well... Jan 18, 2009

I do like the fact that all the calculations are done, instantly. However, I did a test and do not like:

a) the fact that my test invoice to Bozo the Clown was included in my email message. I always send my invoices as an attachment. To me, including it in the email looks ... cheap (?)

b) the fact that I cannot edit the cheery "Thanks for your business" and the inane "Best regards" - the former sounds ridiculous when billing long-time clients and the latter is ... inane
... See more
I do like the fact that all the calculations are done, instantly. However, I did a test and do not like:

a) the fact that my test invoice to Bozo the Clown was included in my email message. I always send my invoices as an attachment. To me, including it in the email looks ... cheap (?)

b) the fact that I cannot edit the cheery "Thanks for your business" and the inane "Best regards" - the former sounds ridiculous when billing long-time clients and the latter is ... inane (It's always sounded weird to me and I've often wondered where it came from and when it gained traction, as they say). Would it be possible to edit this out?
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
I don't think there is a mistake Jan 18, 2009

sokolniki wrote:

Jason,

I am a Certified Partial Member however the system does not let me open the link to invoicing tool saying that I have to be a member. Can this be fixed please?

Thanks in advance,
Bella

[Edited at 2009-01-17 22:51 GMT]

I am a P-free partial member and can't see it either. Afaik, it's not a matter of being part of the P fraternity. It is clearly stated that this feature is for Members only at present and we are not Members in that sense, only partial members. I don't think that displaying a P places you above P-less people. Perhaps you can discuss this in the P-rivate forum?

[Edited at 2009-01-18 12:25 GMT]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 02:55
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Jobs partial members can now access invoicing tool Jan 18, 2009

Hi writeaway and sokolniki,

Writeaway was correct that only full ProZ.com members had access to the invoicing tool. This policy has been changed--jobs partial members now have access as well. Please try again and let me know if you still have trouble.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed "save and send" button Jan 18, 2009

I tried sending myself an invoice but unfortunately never received it. After clicking "save and send" the screen went directly back to the main invoice page without any confirmation of having sent an invoice.
. . .
NOTE: If I save the invoice first and send it later it actually works. That's good enough for me!

Hi Peter,

The "save and send" button should now work properly. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Will add project history integration to development plans Jan 18, 2009

Scott Savaiano wrote:
It is especially helpful to have the change currency option, a little more reporting would be great but most helpful of all would be to connect this to the "My Project History" so that new projects could be added and an invoice generated simultaneously. Just a thought thanks.

Hi Scott,

Good idea, thanks. I will add the project history integration you suggest to the development task list for an upcoming release.

Reporting is also on the list for future improvements--specifically what kind of reports would you most like to see?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
You can edit all emails sent to clients Jan 18, 2009

Hi PRen,

PRen wrote:

In the next release, it will be possible to include the invoice as an email attachment, in HTML and/or PDF format.

b) the fact that I cannot edit the cheery "Thanks for your business" and the inane "Best regards" - the former sounds ridiculous when billing long-time clients and the latter is ... inane (It's always sounded weird to me and I've often wondered where it came from and when it gained traction, as they say). Would it be possible to edit this out?

It should be possible for you to edit the text of any email sent to a client. A default message is shown in a form field, which can be edited however you choose. Were you unable to edit the message? Specifically which message gave you trouble?

Thanks,

Jason

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Many thanks again! Jan 19, 2009

Jason Grimes wrote:

I tried sending myself an invoice but unfortunately never received it. After clicking "save and send" the screen went directly back to the main invoice page without any confirmation of having sent an invoice.
. . .

Hi Peter,

The "save and send" button should now work properly. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Dear Jason,

Many thanks again for your time and effort.

Have you got any idea when this new release will be? I was under the impression that costumers receive the invoice as an attachment, but that does not seem to be so. Today a client mailed me back that he needed the invoice as an attachment and my invoice was inside the message itself.

Have a great day,

Peter

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:55
English to Russian
+ ...
Thanks! Jan 20, 2009

This is just great. My current invoicing software does just that and makes PDF files - with PDF feature added there would be no reason not to use the tool. I think most of use need a tool that is simple and works.

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Good idea! Jan 20, 2009

I'd like to participate in the testing right away, but unfortunately, I invoice mostly in French. I have two invoice models depending on if the client is American or French.

It would be good to plan an option to select one language version or another for each invoice, or customize as many as we might need.

And maybe the option to save the project description line for a given client, since I often have the same tasks that crop back up.

For information, on my
... See more
I'd like to participate in the testing right away, but unfortunately, I invoice mostly in French. I have two invoice models depending on if the client is American or French.

It would be good to plan an option to select one language version or another for each invoice, or customize as many as we might need.

And maybe the option to save the project description line for a given client, since I often have the same tasks that crop back up.

For information, on my current excel setup, I have a main page overview of all invoices in a calendar form (one column per month, one invoice per line), it gives me an automatic general view over the year or any given period. It's a middle-ground presentation between a basic listed summary and a graphic summary, and it works well for me since I sometimes need something more pie-charty to make sense of my business.
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Next release currently scheduled for Jan 29 Jan 20, 2009

Have you got any idea when this new release will be? I was under the impression that costumers receive the invoice as an attachment, but that does not seem to be so. Today a client mailed me back that he needed the invoice as an attachment and my invoice was inside the message itself.

Hi Peter,

The next release is currently scheduled for Thursday, January 29. It will be announced in this forum as soon as it's available.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Translatable invoice templates planned in the next release Jan 20, 2009

N.M. Eklund wrote:

Hi N.M.,

This should be possible in the next release (currently scheduled for next week), which will include invoice templates you can translate yourself. See this design mockup of the custom template editor for an idea of how this could work.

For information, on my current excel setup, I have a main page overview of all invoices in a calendar form (one column per month, one invoice per line), it gives me an automatic general view over the year or any given period. It's a middle-ground presentation between a basic listed summary and a graphic summary, and it works well for me since I sometimes need something more pie-charty to make sense of my business.

These are both good ideas; I will note them in the development plan to be considered for a future release.

Thanks,

Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing ProZ.com invoicing tool for translators (alpha release)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »