ProZ.com global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace
Ideas

User
Thread poster: l Gaston l
ProZ.com invoicing tool updated: payment reminders, custom formatting, etc.

l Gaston l  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:36
Afrikaans to Ancient Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

Hi there,

A few updates have been made to the ProZ.com invoicing tool, based on the most common feature requests from members.

• Payment reminders. It's now possible to send email reminders for past due invoices.
  • Customizable billing information. The automatically formatted billing information didn't look right for some users in some locales. Now it's possible to make your invoices display your contact information, and that of your clients, in exactly the format you want.
  • Multiple invoice recipients. Send an invoice to multiple recipients at the same time.
  • Close last year's books. An option has been added to close all invoices issued in past years, so that unpaid balances are not carried over into the new year. It is possible to close unpaid invoices individually as well.
  • Certified privacy and data protection. In response to requests from invoicing users last year, ProZ.com has updated its privacy practices and earned the TRUSTe Web Privacy Seal and TRUSTe EU Safe Harbor Privacy Seal, in compliance with the European Union's Directive on Data Protection. See the ProZ.com privacy policy for more information: http://www.proz.com/privacy

Click here to access the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. More updates are on the way. What other improvements would you like to see?

Best regards,
    Gastón
    ProZ.com staff

Direct link Reply with quote

• Kristina Radziulyte  Identity Verified
    Lithuania
    Local time: 05:36
    Member (2006)
    English to Lithuanian
    + ...
    can't find the Payment reminder option Feb 11, 2010

Hi Gaston,

Unfortunately, I cannot find the Payment reminder option. I have opened a past due invoice, but the only options I see next to it are:
    Edit | Send | Print | Export to PDF | Record payment | Close without payment | Duplicate | Delete | Add to project history

Could you please help me with it? Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Kristina

Per Riise  Identity Verified
    Norway
    Local time: 04:36
    Member (2003)
    English to Norwegian
    + ...
    Text in PDF export Feb 11, 2010

I just realized that if you have a lot of text in the Description area, it will push out everything else when you export to PDF - it doesn't follow the layout on-screen. One workaround is to export to HTML instead, but all Scandinavian characters will be lost. Could you please fix this.

Best regards,
    Per

+ ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    At the top-right corner of the screen. Feb 11, 2010

Kristina Radziulyte wrote:

Hi Gaston,

Unfortunately, I cannot find the Payment reminder option. I have opened a past due invoice, but the only options I see next to it are:
    Edit | Send | Print | Export to PDF | Record payment | Close without payment | Duplicate | Delete | Add to project history

Could you please help me with it? Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Kristina

Hi Kristina.

The "Remind" option is located under the invoice status, at the top-right corner of the screen. (It is not listed among the other options you mention). It only appear on past due invoices.

Check there and tell me if you see it.

Best,
    Gastón

Mauricio Zoch  Identity Verified
    Argentina
    English to Turkish
    + ...
    PDF Problem Feb 11, 2010

Per Riise wrote:

I just realized that if you have a lot of text in the Description area, it will push out everything else when you export to PDF - it doesn't follow the layout on-screen. One workaround is to export to HTML instead, but all Scandinavian characters will be lost. Could you please fix this.

Best regards,
    Per

Dear Per,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem, I will check it out and get back to you.

Best regards,

Mauricio

Kristina Radziulyte  Identity Verified
    Lithuania
    Local time: 05:36
    Member (2006)
    English to Lithuanian
    + ...
    Thanks! Feb 11, 2010

l Gaston l wrote:

The "Remind" option is located under the invoice status, at the top-right corner of the screen.

Thank you Gaston, I can now see it. Strange I didn't notice it before.

Best,
    Kristina

+ ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Good. Feb 11, 2010

Kristina Radziulyte wrote:

l Gaston l wrote:

The "Remind" option is located under the invoice status, at the top-right corner of the screen.

Thank you Gaston, I can now see it. Strange I didn't notice it before.

Best,
    Kristina

Good to hear that!

Btw, I'm working on automatic reminders now, if you are interested, I hope to have more news about this later today.

Best,
    Gastón

Mauricio Zoch  Identity Verified
    Argentina
    English to Turkish
    + ...
    Fixed Feb 11, 2010

Per Riise wrote:

Best regards,
    Per

Per,

I have fixed the problem.
    Please take a look and let me know if everything works as you expect now.

If you have any feedback or suggestion please don't hesitate on sharing it here.

Best regards,
    Mauricio

+ ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Automatic invoice payment reminders are now available. Feb 12, 2010

Hi there!,

Automatic invoice payment reminders are now available at the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

You can configure up to 3 automatic payment reminders to notify you or your clients about past due invoices.

Click here to manage your payment reminder settings

Ali Tuna  Identity Verified
    United States
    Local time: 22:36
    Member (2009)
    Turkish to English
    + ...
    Purchase Order as a Placeholder Feb 15, 2010

Hi Gaston,

Thank you for the improvements.
    I would like to submit a request about the Invoicing Tool, though. I created a custom template for my invoices a while ago, but I have not been able to add Purchase Order Number (PO #) as a separate field. Is it possible to add another placeholder for Purchase Order Number (PO#) so that, when I click Create New Invoice using my customized template, I can enter the Purchase Order Number in a separate text area on the Create a New Invoice page?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Ali

Soren Petersen
    United Kingdom
    Local time: 03:36
    English to Danish
    + ...
    Feb 15, 2010

Never mind, mistake

[Edited at 2010-02-15 12:35 GMT]

+ ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Custom fields would work for you? Feb 15, 2010

simulacra wrote:

Hi Gaston,

Thank you for the improvements.
    I would like to submit a request about the Invoicing Tool, though. I created a custom template for my invoices a while ago, but I have not been able to add Purchase Order Number (PO #) as a separate field. Is it possible to add another placeholder for Purchase Order Number (PO#) so that, when I click Create New Invoice using my customized template, I can enter the Purchase Order Number in a separate text area on the Create a New Invoice page?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks for taking the time to propose your request.
    Would it work for you if I add support to custom fields? So, you could add a PO# custom field at your invoices, or other fields you might like in the future?

What do you think ?

Best!,
    Gastón

Ali Tuna  Identity Verified
    United States
    Local time: 22:36
    Member (2009)
    Turkish to English
    + ...
    Yes Feb 15, 2010

l Gaston l wrote:

Hi Ali,

Thanks for taking the time to propose your request.
    Would it work for you if I add support to custom fields? So, you could add a PO# custom field at your invoices, or other fields you might like in the future?

What do you think ?

Best!,
    Gastón

Hi Gaston,
    Yes, a custom field would work as well.
    Thanks,
    Ali

Partha Sarathi Satpathy  Identity Verified
    India
    English to Bengali
    + ...
    Auto-reminder: Exclusion of specific client(s) Feb 17, 2012

Hi Gaston,

I am posting it here cause I felt it is the right place. If I am wrong, please forgive me and suggest the right way.

I am a fan of Payment Reminders, however it doesn't give me any option to exclude a specific client. For example, if a client has already mentioned that they will pay on a certain date, and I want to stop any reminders to that particular client, what should I do?

Can we have a exclusion list? Am I missing something?

Thank you all in advance.

Partha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
    Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com invoicing tool updated: payment reminders, custom formatting, etc.

PerfectIt consistency checker
    Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
    Across Personal Edition – Free Full Version for Freelance Translators
    Across is an integrated CAT tool, which means that you will find everything you need in one place.

Freelance translators receive a full version of Across Personal Edition, a single-workstation version of Across, for free. You are always working in one and the same environment, regardless of whether you would like to create a new project, translate a do

More info »