construction business terminology
Thread poster: garcia1
garcia1
garcia1
English to Spanish
Dec 27, 2003

Hi everybody,

I am currently translating a web site for a Spanish Construction Company into English, but there are some terms that I have not been able to find:

construcción completa, reparación y conservación de edificaciones- new site construction, ? y ?

preparación y consolidación de terrenos- ?

derribos- ?

obras civiles- civil buildign sites?

Does anybody know where I could find a glossary or a good website to
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am currently translating a web site for a Spanish Construction Company into English, but there are some terms that I have not been able to find:

construcción completa, reparación y conservación de edificaciones- new site construction, ? y ?

preparación y consolidación de terrenos- ?

derribos- ?

obras civiles- civil buildign sites?

Does anybody know where I could find a glossary or a good website to find these terms?

Thanks!

Meritxell Garcia
Collapse

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Deberías preguntar en la lista GlossPost... Dec 27, 2003

Hola:

Hay una lista especializada en glosarios, GlossPost, donde probablemente te puedan echar una mano rápida y útil.

Suerte,

Mar

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Local time: 13:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
check the Proz glossaries Dec 27, 2003

You will probably be able to find answers to at least some of your questions in the glossaries on this site (obra civil, for example, comes up about half a dozen times). You can search the glossaries from Kudoz > Search Glossaries (at the top right of your screen).

Alternatively, if you can't find the terms in the glossaries, you might try posting them (one at a time) in the Kudoz questions (Kudoz > Ask question). (Please read the "help" section on the Ask Questions screen before p
... See more
You will probably be able to find answers to at least some of your questions in the glossaries on this site (obra civil, for example, comes up about half a dozen times). You can search the glossaries from Kudoz > Search Glossaries (at the top right of your screen).

Alternatively, if you can't find the terms in the glossaries, you might try posting them (one at a time) in the Kudoz questions (Kudoz > Ask question). (Please read the "help" section on the Ask Questions screen before posting, if you're not familiar with this feature.)

Good luck!

PS - you might also check out EuroDicAutom at http://europa.eu.int/eurodicautom/Controller

[Edited at 2003-12-27 17:06]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

construction business terminology

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »