JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:13
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Problem with rates display? Apr 27, 2013

I've just tried it, but it hasn't made any difference to the rates displayed in my profile (which are not the same as what I just set). What have I done wrong?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:13
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Language-specific rates can be different than overall general rates Apr 29, 2013

JaneD wrote:

I've just tried it, but it hasn't made any difference to the rates displayed in my profile (which are not the same as what I just set). What have I done wrong?

Hi Jane,

Your profile shows rates for each language pair, which can be different than your overall general rates. If you want to update all your language-specific rates to be the same as your general rate, tick the checkbox labeled "Update all of my language pairs to use the rates above" in the general rates form and then click "Save rates".

If you want to update your language-specific rates individually you can do so from your language settings page: http://www.proz.com/settings/languages

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Jason

josiahsprague
josiahsprague
United States
Local time: 14:13
Spanish to English
More Please! Oct 7, 2013

Why isn't all of Proz converted over to Twitter Bootstrap? That would be amazing!

Josephine Bacon
Josephine Bacon
Local time: 18:13
French to English
+ ...
Entering rates Oct 28, 2013

This is another silly "improvement". It is almost (though not quite) as silly as offering a template for each application for a job.

If one translates more than one language one can have different rates for each of them. I have different rates for all three of my languages. Furthermore, it does not let one enter interpreting rates.

Josephine Bacon

Daniela Colombo
Daniela Colombo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
how do I... May 13, 2015

is it possible to indicate one rate per language pair?

Daniela

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Language pairs section of your profile updater May 14, 2015

Hello Daniela,

You can indicate the rate for each of your individual language pairs by visiting the Language pairs section of your profile updater and clicking on "Edit rates" next to each pair.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:13
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Runtime Jul 27, 2016

Hello,

Is it possible to add a Runtime rate tab for subtitle translators?

Thank you.

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for the suggestion! Jul 27, 2016

Hello Bangor,

Thanks for writing.

At the moment rates can be only specified per word and per hour, but thank you for the suggestion! I have now added it to our list of ideas for future implementation. If you want to submit further details about your idea, you may do so by submitting a support request here.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Bes
... See more
Hello Bangor,

Thanks for writing.

At the moment rates can be only specified per word and per hour, but thank you for the suggestion! I have now added it to our list of ideas for future implementation. If you want to submit further details about your idea, you may do so by submitting a support request here.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Paula
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:13
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Don't mention rates Jul 27, 2016

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

..... they selected another translator based on their misunderstanding of the rates display. I LOST A POTENTIAL CLIENT...

I prefer not to show my rates at all. If an outsourcer contacts me it isn't because of my rate but because they like my profile. Then we can talk rates, after we've made contact.

[Edited at 2016-07-27 19:19 GMT]

Gulnar Sultanbek

Heijo Alting (X)
Heijo Alting (X)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I'd welcome an option for project-based rates Dec 12, 2022

Hi all,

I'm not in the business of translating words, but that of conveying messages. So I'd welcome the option 'Project-based rates only' on the translation rates form, for translators who offer all-inclusive rates rather than rates per word.

Thanks,
Heijo

Jason Grimes wrote:
The form for entering general rates in freelancer profiles has been updated with a number of small changes to make it easier to use. (...)You can try it out here: http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/financial
Thanks, Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modest improvement to form for entering rates in profiles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »