Everyone is happy.

Yelena.
Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:33
English to Russian
+ ...
Problems Aug 8, 2005

I am still having problems. It says "In order to view the ProZ.com platinum member map, you must first enter your own latitude and longitude coordinates. (It is not enough to enter just your country, region and city.) Please take a moment to do that from here", which I do but at the end it doesn't show me the map and instead takes me back to "In order to view the ProZ.com platinum member map, you must first enter your own latitude and longitude coordinates. (It is not enough to enter just your c... See more
I am still having problems. It says "In order to view the ProZ.com platinum member map, you must first enter your own latitude and longitude coordinates. (It is not enough to enter just your country, region and city.) Please take a moment to do that from here", which I do but at the end it doesn't show me the map and instead takes me back to "In order to view the ProZ.com platinum member map, you must first enter your own latitude and longitude coordinates. (It is not enough to enter just your country, region and city.) Please take a moment to do that from here".Done it three times and no luck...Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:33
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
We're missing your lat/long coordinates, Yelena... Aug 8, 2005

Yelena. wrote:

I am still having problems. It says "In order to view the ProZ.com platinum member map, you must first enter your own latitude and longitude coordinates. (It is not enough to enter just your country, region and city.) Please take a moment to do that from here", which I do but at the end it doesn't show me the map and instead takes me back to "In order to view the ProZ.com platinum member map, you must first enter your own latitude and longitude coordinates. (It is not enough to enter just your country, region and city.) Please take a moment to do that from here".Done it three times and no luck...

We have city/region/country data on file for you, but not specific latitude and longitude. Did you either click the map, or enter digital values for those? If so, what message did you receive? If you do not remember, it would be helpful if you would retry...

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still covered up Aug 8, 2005

Hi Henry,

My balloon is still completely obscured by my neighbour until I zoom right in over Edinburgh. Can we not allow several text boxes to appear when clicking on overlapping balloons?

Thanks,

Becky.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:33
English to Italian
+ ...
my balloon flew back! Aug 8, 2005

ok..re-entered details and refreshed map, now I'm there!
Thanks)

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
the same Aug 8, 2005

Yelena. wrote:

I am still having problems... Done it three times and no luck...

The same here.
I have entered exact longitude and latitude values.

Yelena.
Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
Works! Aug 8, 2005

After entering the values for the third time it finally works! Great!

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
will there be a time when all balloons will be displayed? Aug 8, 2005

I just so that some balloons I saw this morning are no longer displayed. I assume they have been replaced by more recent entries. Will there be a time when all balloons will be displayed? Or would it be possible to apply the 100% limit to the selected region? (e.g. if you go over a region or country, you could see up to 100 balloons in that region/country).

Otherwise it's a great feature. Making virtual people seem more and more real....
See more
I just so that some balloons I saw this morning are no longer displayed. I assume they have been replaced by more recent entries. Will there be a time when all balloons will be displayed? Or would it be possible to apply the 100% limit to the selected region? (e.g. if you go over a region or country, you could see up to 100 balloons in that region/country).

Otherwise it's a great feature. Making virtual people seem more and more real.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Please try again, Natalya Aug 8, 2005

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

Yelena. wrote:

I am still having problems... Done it three times and no luck...

The same here.

As was the case with Yelena, we have only country/region/city for you, and no coordinates. Please try to enter them again, and if you enter them and they do not appear, please post the exact values you entered, and the message you received (if any), and I will try to identify the problem.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 12:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
It`s OK OK OK now. Aug 8, 2005

WOW; Henry, now I can see myself. I exist again! However, the other colleague in my city disappeared. May be it`s just that the system does not support more than 100 balloons on world map at a time. Anyway, congratulations and go on improving this site as you are doing now!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
OK, Natalya! Aug 8, 2005

Henry wrote (to Natalya):
As was the case with Yelena, we have only country/region/city for you, and no coordinates. Please try to enter them again, and if you enter them and they do not appear, please post the exact values you entered, and the message you received (if any), and I will try to identify the problem.

I take that back. Now we have coordinates for you and you appear. Perhaps you just added them...

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
present, but not visible Aug 8, 2005

Henry wrote:

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

I've re-entered and now I can see the map, but my balloon is hidden behind the Yarema's
Is it possible to make visible all balloons from the same city?
So far I had to change my coordinates slightly to become visible.

[Edited at 2005-08-08 17:54]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Answers to Elvira's questions Aug 8, 2005

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

I just so that some balloons I saw this morning are no longer displayed. I assume they have been replaced by more recent entries.

Correct.
Will there be a time when all balloons will be displayed?

Perhaps. For now we are somewhat subject to Google's javascript approach (which is excellent, but perhaps not yet optimized for efficiency). Some systems are having trouble processing even the 100 balloons. This is why we had the idea to limit the view to 100 members in one's own country. There must be better solutions, though...

Your idea to limit the 100 to the region in view is a good one, unfortunately given the way communication happens between us, Google and your machine, the means of achieving this would not be straightforward.

I'll experiment a bit. But we'll probably release initially with country-specific views.

Robert Donahue (X)
Robert Donahue (X)  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
Worked for me Aug 8, 2005

Cool program.

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:33
Member (2002)
Russian to English
I get to the map page, but the map is just a blank square. Aug 8, 2005

I've tried viewing it with IE and with Safari.

I'm using a Mac - could that be an issue?

Elizabeth

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inviting platinum members to beta test a members' map

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »