Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:42
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Henry the map shows me! Sep 17, 2005

But I can't see anybody else. I don't know if I am toooo late for the beta test or what or there has been no immediate testers before me. What I can see on the map is a green one showing the headquarter of Proz and a red one for my own. Can't see any yellow ones and other members.

But surely this idea is cool. Rather enticing!

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Buenos Aires-based, clearly! Sep 17, 2005

Wow! I have checked mine again and I am there!
But if I click on the other blue balloons to see who is there I see nothing! Is this possible?

I love this site!

Thank you Henry for being so CREATIVE!

Cheers!
Inés

Vittorio Preite
Vittorio Preite  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
It works from here Sep 18, 2005

Hallo Henry,
Thanks for this new feature, it works well from here as the satellite details for my area are excellent, but, as Russell Jones has indicated, it would be even more interesting if we could locate colleagues in other countries. A few days ago I could see colleagues in the UK. Now this section is gone. Is it to do with processing space, coy countries, privacy?
Regards
Vittorio

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
URUGUAY ON THE MAP Sep 20, 2005

Dear Henry,

It is a great idea to show where platinum members are based.
'Took all the steps required and it appears to work fine. However, my country* is neither in the list nor on the map. Could you please include URUGUAY in both? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Mónica Algazi
Montevideo, URUGUAY

* Small compared to gigantic neighbours Argentina and Brazil, yet big at heart.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Uruguay IS already in the map. Sep 20, 2005

MÓNICA ALGAZI wrote:

Dear Henry,

'Took all the steps required and it appears to work fine. However, my country* is neither in the list nor on the map. Could you please include URUGUAY in both? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Mónica Algazi
Montevideo, URUGUAY

Hi Compatriota Mónica,
Just to let you know that URUGUAY is already in the map and it has been there since the beginning. Actually, I can see myself there, in Montevideo. And some other colleagues too, even one in Punta del Este. Please, check back.
Good luck.

Walter

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Name might be hidden. Sep 20, 2005

MÓNICA ALGAZI wrote:

Dear Henry,

Kind regards,

Mónica Algazi
Montevideo, URUGUAY

Mónica,

A suggestion. Name might be covered by balloons. Get a closer look at the map and you´ll see "Uruguay" behind the balloons.
Hope it works out for you.

Walter

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:42
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
No map here... Sep 27, 2005

Henry,

I followed the instructions all the way to the point where longitude/latitude were asked, but couldn't see the map that the instructions made reference to. So I obtained them from Maporama, entered them, and then got to the point where it said "now you may see the map". But still no map appeared.

Any ideas what I can do - at least I'd like to see the darn thing...

Using IE 6.0

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:42
English to Dutch
+ ...
Works well over here Sep 27, 2005

Very nice feature, thank you!
It worked very well, using Firefox and the coordinates from Maporama. I can see my German colleagues and their info.
Too bad other countries don't show (does Google get paid per country or something?) and that only 100 members show in one country, which means I might drop out soon, just as I was getting used to being someone on the map, boohoo! Well, maybe someone there at ProZ has a heart and is willing to pay Google what it costs to show everyone every
... See more
Very nice feature, thank you!
It worked very well, using Firefox and the coordinates from Maporama. I can see my German colleagues and their info.
Too bad other countries don't show (does Google get paid per country or something?) and that only 100 members show in one country, which means I might drop out soon, just as I was getting used to being someone on the map, boohoo! Well, maybe someone there at ProZ has a heart and is willing to pay Google what it costs to show everyone everywhere. Please!? Please, please!?
Collapse

Lucie LAVERGNE
Lucie LAVERGNE  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
English to French
+ ...
platinum only?beta? Sep 28, 2005

Hi,

first point I am not sure about: is the map exclusively for platinum ?(apparently not given the comments on the forum but it's a bit confusing).

Secondly, I tried to locate some other interpreters in my region in case I need to give other names to my clients, and I can't see the map... Since I don't know what "beta" means, I can't even start to solve the problem (for information, I work on a Mac, don't know if it changes anything).
I also asked someone who can
... See more
Hi,

first point I am not sure about: is the map exclusively for platinum ?(apparently not given the comments on the forum but it's a bit confusing).

Secondly, I tried to locate some other interpreters in my region in case I need to give other names to my clients, and I can't see the map... Since I don't know what "beta" means, I can't even start to solve the problem (for information, I work on a Mac, don't know if it changes anything).
I also asked someone who can see the map on their PC to check for my location, and they didn't find me (hence also my question regarding platinum).

But apart from that I would like to say that having a specific part in the directory for interpreters is a great idea!

Good luck with the test,

Lucie

[Edited at 2005-09-28 12:49]
Collapse

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
Lovely feature! Nov 2, 2005

Just what I have been missing, to see where the others live in UK. I can only see balloons in UK though, and one in Nigeria who actually lives in UK, but maybe she was on holiday.

It will be great when it is finished!

Anette

[Edited at 2005-11-02 00:23]

Maya Gorgoshidze
Maya Gorgoshidze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 03:42
Member (2004)
English to Georgian
+ ...

I cannot see other balloons Dec 9, 2005

Hello Henry,
I see only ProZ.com Headquarters and two balloons from Georgia, including mine.
What shell I do?
Thank you,
Maya

urst
urst  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
not ok Dec 16, 2005

nice idea but not really working yet. about 40-60 ballons cuddling in Germany and 1 in Syracuse NY, your place. it would be ever so nice if this worked. keep it up!

BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Puerto Rico on the map! Feb 13, 2006

There are no words...it's genious at work. Puerto Rico thanks you for giving our colleagues and our country visibility on the internet.

From a linguistic point of view, a colloquial way to express it would be: "Se la comieron."

GRACIAS.

[Edited at 2006-02-13 02:10]

[Edited at 2006-02-13 02:11]

BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Can you help with this? Mar 21, 2006

Dear Henry,

Once again, thank you for this great idea. Would it be possible to identify Puerto Rico on the map like the other countries?

I realize there isn't much space. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Belkis

Frits Ens
Frits Ens
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
also works fine for partial platinum member Apr 5, 2006

Nice feature, it now also works fine for partial platinum members.
Except that the text in the balloon is not 100% visible.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inviting platinum members to beta test a members' map

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »