Release announcement: New profile format
Thread poster: Enrique Cavalitto
DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:43
Georgian to English
+ ...
Where are these maps that others are talking about? There isn't one on my page. Apr 23, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:

Where are these maps that others are talking about? There isn't one on my page.

Hello,
If you go to the Main Menu at the top of the page, then Community, and Maps in the drop down menu, you can enter your location coordinates to display where you are in the general map of proz members. You can then display it in your new version profile page.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Counter II Apr 23, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

It seems that the Visitors Counter has not been working for couple of days.
I was curious about that because it didn`t show any visitor today or yesterday. So I tested with some other people from different PC,. they "visited" me but my counter still does not register them.
Can you check into that, please?

It seems the counter has just started working again. I can see one visitor, just 2 hours ago.
Is it fixed now? What is going to happen to the last three days visitors? Are they lost for good or are they going to be recovered somehow?
That also makes a difference in the total number of visitors in the last month. Due to these three empty days, my average has gone down.

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 08:43
English
Profile visitor counter bug fixed Apr 24, 2006

Hi Walter,

It seems the counter has just started working again. I can see one visitor, just 2 hours ago.
Is it fixed now? What is going to happen to the last three days visitors? Are they lost for good or are they going to be recovered somehow?

This was caused by a bug in the new format not logging hits to profiles. I have fixed the problem. Unfortunately, the data from the past 3 days is lost. But if you were looking for a specific profile visit from the last 3 days, please let me know in an e-mail and I will try to help you find the visit information that was not logged in the visitors tab.

Best Regards,
Justin

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
"Avaibility not set" Apr 24, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:

The availability calender is great. But why, after I've set it for April and May, is there still a little box above the calendar that says "Availability not set"?

I've exactly the same problem. How to resolve it?

Apart that, the new profile layout is great. Thanks!!!

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Patience???? Apr 24, 2006

René Vinchon wrote:

JaneTranslates wrote:

The availability calender is great. But why, after I've set it for April and May, is there still a little box above the calendar that says "Availability not set"?

Maybe you just need to wait a few hours. It worked for me!

I truly don't know if site staff saw my posting and fixed the problem for me or whether the mechanism is just slow. I didn't do anything myself, but it's OK now.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Picture size Apr 24, 2006

So far I have seen only four profiles in new format (including mine), but all four photos/pictures were stretched (enlarged). Since it is visible that original pictures were smaller this only makes images look worse...

Is it possible to edit picture size or simply keep it original?

Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Asking more than Answering Apr 24, 2006

Deborah Mends wrote:

I like the new look very much - bravo!

But...I'm so busy these days I just manage to get my translations out, so I am not participating much right now in ANSWERING questions. So when potential clients visit my profile they will see I'm ASKING a lot more than I'm ANSWERING - which may give them the wrong idea. I couldn't find an option to turn off the "questions asked" function. Could I get instructions on how to do so if I just haven't figured it out, or could you set this up if indeed there is no way to turn it off?

Thanks!

I completely agree with Deborah. I have been able to answer kudoz questions occasionally, and in last months when I asked one it was most a need for ratifying what I already knew. i.e. I needed a second (third, a.s.o) opinion. This mechanism is seldom understood by potential customers, at least at first glance.

Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Profile set as default right now no longer Apr 24, 2006

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

..... Once you are satisfied with it, even if it is before the end of next week, you can:

2. Put it in use throughout the site immediately ...

Quique,
Me gustó tanto que no quise esperar, marqué para que ya mismo apareciera mi perfil con el nuevo formato, pero luego de verlo una vez, cuando vuelvo a ingresar continúa el viejo formato (si bien aceptó algunos cambios que aproveché a hacer)

¿qué hice mal?
McN

[Edited at 2006-04-24 18:58]

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
EDIT CV: Still missing Apr 24, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote (April 20):

Upload CV/Resumé button is missing.

No answer yet. Feature is still missing in new format.
Justin?

MariusV
MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 15:43
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
all is really fine except for that availability calendar Apr 24, 2006

In my opinion, the new version of profile format is really fine - both from the desin point of view (compact, clear), and from the technical point of view (many useful new features)...but that "availability calendar" does not make a lot of sense for me (the only exception can be when one is on a holiday marking 2-3 weeks as "not available")...e.g. assume 1) if I put "available" 9 days of 10, then the potential client might think "that translator is available all the time probably because he does... See more
In my opinion, the new version of profile format is really fine - both from the desin point of view (compact, clear), and from the technical point of view (many useful new features)...but that "availability calendar" does not make a lot of sense for me (the only exception can be when one is on a holiday marking 2-3 weeks as "not available")...e.g. assume 1) if I put "available" 9 days of 10, then the potential client might think "that translator is available all the time probably because he does not have a lot of work, and if he does not have work, maybe he is not serious and nobody gives him any work"?? if 2) I put "not available" for the most of the days - I can lose a job because people might think "well, he is busy on that day (but, actually, I can probably undertake an additional job) and I go to someone else"...and that 3) "partly available" - well, seems like a "little bit available, a little bit unavailable" (like "a little bit pregnant") Anyway, this is my personal point of view...

Regards to you all, especially to the proz.com team doing that hard work for us. I am happy to see how proz.com improves and progresses so rapidly.

Marius Valiukas
Collapse

Emérentienne
Emérentienne
France
English to French
referrals Apr 25, 2006

Hello,

Is there a limit to the referrals you can enter ? I entered four, all four show on my settings page but only three appear on the actual profile page. As I refresh the page, they sort of swap, taking turns so no one's officially left out of the picture but I'd rather have them all showing if it's possible.

Thanks for all the work

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Availability calender OK / Problem with IE Apr 25, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:

René Vinchon wrote:

JaneTranslates wrote:

Maybe you just need to wait a few hours. It worked for me!

I truly don't know if site staff saw my posting and fixed the problem for me or whether the mechanism is just slow. I didn't do anything myself, but it's OK now.

You we're right Jane, since today the Availabiilty is correctly displayed on my calendar, so it took 12-24 H to get set.

I've got another problem since yesterday, much annoying: almost every time I go to my ProZ page (set on the new design), then IE blocks (no longer responding) and I've to force it to shut it down. Does anyone encounter the same problem?

italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
still got old profile Apr 25, 2006

I am a partial member and was wondering if the latest changes only affected "complete" members???
I have not noticed any changes whatsoever on my profile.

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Check out Enrique's original post, the start of this thread Apr 25, 2006

italia wrote:

I am a partial member and was wondering if the latest changes only affected "complete" members???
I have not noticed any changes whatsoever on my profile.

I don't think that has anything to do with it, italia. It depends on how you access your profile page, since the changeover hasn't been made globally yet. If you just click on your name or go to "My Profile," the old (default) format will show. You have to type in the URL, with your ID number.

Go back to the top of this thread and follow Enrique's instructions, and you should be able to see your profile in the new format. Then, if you like it, you can go to the top of that page and make the new version your default.

Good luck!

Jane

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Release announcement: New profile format

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »