100 points - am I a KudoZ bouncer?! (Staff: \'yes\')
Thread poster: Kardi Kho
Kardi Kho
Kardi Kho  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 01:16
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Oct 15, 2002

hi everyone,

I just saw something different with my KudoZ page (but I really think that it is a good thing . Beside every KudoZ question asked, I saw a box in which you can edit and \'bump\' questions. and after reading the info there, I found out that it was the privilege of a KudoZ BOUNCER, and to become one you need to earn 500 KudoZ points. Mine is only 102.

My question here is \'is it only a temporary system error (the box j
... See more
hi everyone,

I just saw something different with my KudoZ page (but I really think that it is a good thing . Beside every KudoZ question asked, I saw a box in which you can edit and \'bump\' questions. and after reading the info there, I found out that it was the privilege of a KudoZ BOUNCER, and to become one you need to earn 500 KudoZ points. Mine is only 102.

My question here is \'is it only a temporary system error (the box just appeared accidentally) or is there another consideration for becoming a KudoZ Bouncer?

Thanks in advance for your explantion
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:16
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, you are Oct 15, 2002

It is assumed that by the time you hit 100 kudoz points (congratulations!), you have seen enough of the system to have developed a feel for things like whether a question should be judged \"easy\" or \"pro\", etc. So you are then given the right to change certain things about a question: you can change the difficulty level, you can change the field, you can even change the languages.

Whether or not you actually exercise the right is up to you, but it does help to keep the community in
... See more
It is assumed that by the time you hit 100 kudoz points (congratulations!), you have seen enough of the system to have developed a feel for things like whether a question should be judged \"easy\" or \"pro\", etc. So you are then given the right to change certain things about a question: you can change the difficulty level, you can change the field, you can even change the languages.

Whether or not you actually exercise the right is up to you, but it does help to keep the community in good order.

The requirement used to be 500 points, that is why you saw that explanation.
Collapse

Kardi Kho
Kardi Kho  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 01:16
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Oct 16, 2002

Thanks Henry for the explanation. I\'m a KudoZ bouncer now.....

TTFN

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100 points - am I a KudoZ bouncer?! (Staff: \'yes\')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »