Email to site users: Please take 5 minutes to help make "Project Connect" successful.
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:07
SITE FOUNDER
Oct 15, 2006

The following is a copy of Mike Kidd's email to the community... (Mike's joining ProZ.com was announced in a recent press release.)

Thousands of members have updated their profiles in response to our recent calls. Thanks for contributing to the success of Project Connect.

------------------------------------

Dear ProZ.com professional,

As you may have heard,
... See more
The following is a copy of Mike Kidd's email to the community... (Mike's joining ProZ.com was announced in a recent press release.)

Thousands of members have updated their profiles in response to our recent calls. Thanks for contributing to the success of Project Connect.

------------------------------------

Dear ProZ.com professional,

As you may have heard, I have recently joined ProZ.com to help connect highly desirable language companies and end clients with you and other ProZ.com language professionals. We are working hard to do just that.

You can learn about our initiative to bring more premium clients to you here: http://www.proz.com/premiumjobs This is the program that has been discussed in the forums as PFE (ProZ.com for Employers), or from now on, "Project Connect." Some of you have already been invited to apply for premium jobs that have resulted from this program.

Now, we need to ask for your help in making Project Connect a success. We are finding that current and prospective clients are sometimes challenged to find translators at ProZ.com because the information for which they are searching is not necessarily available in profiles.

Whether you are able to accept new clients now or not, you can help make Project Connect a success by updating your profile today. This will help us to enrich the information we have in our database, making the database more useful to top clients, in turn benefiting you and your ProZ.com colleagues.

To make the process of completing and updating your profile as easy as possible, we have created a new "quick profile updater." Updating the required information section of this form should take no more than five minutes. Doing so today will not only benefit the entire ProZ.com community, it could also result in desirable new clients finding your
profile directly in the future.

Please update your profile now:
http://www.proz.com/quick_profile

Any information you enter is secure and protected by ProZ.com’s privacy policy.

Another important reason to update your profile: Please note that effective January 1, 2007, to help users with completed profiles better connect with clients, outsourcers will have the option of filtering out profiles that are not complete. This means that if your profile does not include the sections considered "required," you may not appear in some directory searches, and may not be able to quote on some jobs. Our Site Guide team will be sending you friendly reminders until you have completed the "required" section of the profile.

Note that there is one more reason to update your profile today: a give-a-way on this Wednesday, October 18, 2006.

One non-member who completes all "required" and "encouraged" sections will be given a free one-year membership.

One member who completes all "required" and "encouraged" sections will be given a free trip to our Edinburgh conference next month (including airfare, accommodations and conference fees.)

The drawings will be held Wednesday.

Since some of the sections require input from clients, if you are interested in being eligible for the giveaway, you should update your profile now in order to have it complete by Wednesday. (This giveaway was first announced October 7 on the site; this is a final courtesy reminder by email.))

Thank you for your help in making this important initiative a success. If you would like to discuss Project Connect with staff members and others in the community, please visit: http://www.proz.com/topic/55664

If you have other questions about using the profile updater, please contact our Site Guide Team via the online support system: http://www.proz.com/support

Best regards,

Mike Kidd
ProZ.com

*Copyright 2006 ProZ.com. Offers for the trip and annual membership expire October 18, 2006. Only paying members with completed profiles are eligible to win the trip to Edinburgh. Trip includes airfare, hotel and conference registration for one person. All necessary documentation for travel is the responsibility of the winner. Trip is not transferable. Certain other restrictions apply.
Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi henry, Oct 15, 2006

I have updated my profile . If anything is missing, kindly let me know. BTW, when would my support request be taken care of?

Thanks and regards,

Betty

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Betty Oct 15, 2006

Chinoise wrote:

I have updated my profile . If anything is missing, kindly let me know. BTW, when would my support request be taken care of?

Thanks and regards,

Betty

Thanks, Betty. Our support team will probably reply to your ticket tomorrow. They sometimes don't get to tickets in under two hours on Sundays!

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
I understand-- Oct 15, 2006

Thank you, Henry.

Have a great evening!

Regards,

Betty

Henry wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

Thanks and regards,

Betty

Thanks, Betty. Our support team will probably reply to your ticket tomorrow. They sometimes don't get to tickets in under two hours on Sundays!

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Not received Oct 16, 2006

Was Mr. Kidd's email sent to every one? I never got it.

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Luisa , Oct 16, 2006

If you haven't received the email, you can simply use the link (provided by Henry) below to update your profile.

HTH

http://www.proz.com/quick_profile

Luisa Ramos wrote:

Was Mr. Kidd's email sent to every one? I never got it.

Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:07
English to Spanish
copyright and portfolio Oct 16, 2006

Hello Henry,

I have a query with regards to one of the sections of the profile that some do not complete: the portfolio.

I have noticed that some (maybe all) of the articles in the Article knowledgebase have a copyright at the end. Is this done automatically?, is there such a system for the translations published in the portfolio?

Thank you very much in advace for your answer

Kind regards,

-----------------------------------
... See more
Hello Henry,

I have a query with regards to one of the sections of the profile that some do not complete: the portfolio.

I have noticed that some (maybe all) of the articles in the Article knowledgebase have a copyright at the end. Is this done automatically?, is there such a system for the translations published in the portfolio?

Thank you very much in advace for your answer

Kind regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I mention this because it has to do, at least in my case, with the fact my profile is not complete.

[Edited at 2006-10-16 16:11]
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:07
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
WWA Oct 16, 2006

Hi Henry

My profile is complete, and I have already been invited to apply for a premium job which I applied,

only wwa entry is missed, I have already requested to clients for entries but till now it was not done and I don't want to insist, you know, they can be very busy, don't want to disturb, so I will wait until they are ready/have time.

Have a great week

Angioletta

[Edited at 2006-10-16 13:57]

Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman

Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks, Henry Oct 17, 2006

[quote]Henry wrote:

The following is a copy of Mike Kidd's email to the community... (Mike's joining ProZ.com was announced in a recent press release.)[quote]

Any chance of someone translating that press release from Hideous Managementese into English? Purely for the benefit of 'the community', of course.

Keep up the good work

JB

[Edited at 2006-10-17 00:04]

Galina F
Galina F
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
Question Oct 18, 2006

Could someone, please, tell how long is the WWA entry being vetted?

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:07
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Ones I have entered Oct 19, 2006

were vetted by the Staff within 2 hours (or sooner).

Uldis

Galina Pakhomova wrote:

Could someone, please, tell how long is the WWA entry being vetted?

Galina F
Galina F
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Oct 19, 2006

Thank you, Uldis,
Yes, they did it fast and in time, I guess it took about 6 hours.
Galina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email to site users: Please take 5 minutes to help make "Project Connect" successful.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »