E-mail address of Anonymous question posters
Thread poster: Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:39
French to English
Dec 4, 2001

Click on \"Choose an answer\" as if you were the asker selecting the answer to award points.

Of the two yellow boxes which appear in each of the suggested answers, click on \"Accept this as the most helpful answer\".

The following text will appear (I ahve used ABC, XYZ etc hoping they don\'t exist. If they do, then apologies!) :

\"Only an asker may grade answers.

--------------------------------------------------
... See more
Click on \"Choose an answer\" as if you were the asker selecting the answer to award points.

Of the two yellow boxes which appear in each of the suggested answers, click on \"Accept this as the most helpful answer\".

The following text will appear (I ahve used ABC, XYZ etc hoping they don\'t exist. If they do, then apologies!) :

\"Only an asker may grade answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our records show the following contact data

for the asker of this question:

Name: XYZ

Email: [email protected]

The site has not detected that you are this person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can prove that you are the asker of this

question by entering the password

assigned to you in the confirmation mail.

Note: Passwords are assigned for each KudoZ question. They are included in the confirmation notice sent out at the time of posting. For this posting, the message was sent to [email protected] on . The subject line begins with \"[KudoZ]\".

To have the password resent to the same address, click here

Site map ProZ.com 1999-2001 All rights reserved. Site map \"

Now you have the info you were looking for!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-04 23:12 ]
Collapse

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 22:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Nikki Dec 5, 2001

for taking the time to explain this to everybody. There has been a flurry of anonymous postings also in the SCs in which I am interested.

ciao

paola l m

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 03:39
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Thanks Nikki - very useful! Dec 7, 2001

Would this also help when people create bogus duplicate identities? I am told this has happened, ostensibly to prove that it is possible to post queries that you answer yourself but perhaps actually TO post such queries. Some people seem to have no other aim in life than to accumulate Kudoz - I name no names
[addsig]

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 08:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
There is end to what one can do Dec 9, 2001

It apparently looks like one can do anything. Here is a list of things one can possibly do :

1. Post a number of fictitious jobs in different languages( before that post profiles of several agencies on the site and give some coordinates) and this way from January onwards you could possibly lose dollars after dollars.

2. My friends could post a number of fictious jobs and then award it to me and say that I have completed them succesfully and dot on time. This will
... See more
It apparently looks like one can do anything. Here is a list of things one can possibly do :

1. Post a number of fictitious jobs in different languages( before that post profiles of several agencies on the site and give some coordinates) and this way from January onwards you could possibly lose dollars after dollars.

2. My friends could post a number of fictious jobs and then award it to me and say that I have completed them succesfully and dot on time. This will then appear on my profile as jobs completed.

3. Increase your Kudoz points by asking your friends to post questions.

And the list is endless apart from the usual things like getting free translations done( via sample route) , not paying for translations, create intense competition in order to lower translation rates.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail address of Anonymous question posters

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »