Herbert Fipke
Herbert Fipke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:46
English to German
+ ...
Feb 3, 2003

Hi Folks!

I want to take the opportunity to thank Henry and his team for this great platform!

2002 had been a very bad year in terms of turnover not only for me but for various branches here in Germany. With the introduction of the EURO many companies kept their wallets closed and waited for better times to come.

This affected my income adversely by dropping 50 percent. With Proz, colleages and agency contacts coming via ProZ, I was able not on
... See more
Hi Folks!

I want to take the opportunity to thank Henry and his team for this great platform!

2002 had been a very bad year in terms of turnover not only for me but for various branches here in Germany. With the introduction of the EURO many companies kept their wallets closed and waited for better times to come.

This affected my income adversely by dropping 50 percent. With Proz, colleages and agency contacts coming via ProZ, I was able not only to recover, but make my day quite conveniently now.

Thank you for this great site! Keep up the good work!

Best wishes to y\'all

Herbert
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:46
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks, Herbert. Feb 3, 2003

I am moving your posting to \'Suggestions\'. Your support is appreciated!

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:46
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
So do I: Thank you, Henry! Feb 3, 2003

I\'ve always been a hard worker. I don\'t remember being without work for more than a week since I became a translator. I really love what I do: translating into my language, Spanish.

Nevertheless, when I moved from Caracas to Buenos Aires city, eight years ago, I was a lonely translator. I worked, and worked, all the day long, alone at home. I bough a nice flat, with a small garden, but you must see how destroyed it was. I couldn\'t afford to make the necessary repairs jobs: I had no
... See more
I\'ve always been a hard worker. I don\'t remember being without work for more than a week since I became a translator. I really love what I do: translating into my language, Spanish.

Nevertheless, when I moved from Caracas to Buenos Aires city, eight years ago, I was a lonely translator. I worked, and worked, all the day long, alone at home. I bough a nice flat, with a small garden, but you must see how destroyed it was. I couldn\'t afford to make the necessary repairs jobs: I had no money at all.

Now, thanks to Proz.com I have new friends. I\'ve also met colleagues that help me when I need an expert opinion! Also, thanks to the international contacts, I was able to get jobs, and find new clients. I\'m proud of having got the chance to participate in a dream team of translators in a recent project of 1.000.000 words! I didn\'t know what a CAT tool was, now I\'m a Trados savvy! And my home? Now it has new floors, and it will have a new bathroom this week! Everything, believe me, thanks to Proz.com!

Bye!
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
The Best Professional Site for Translators. Feb 3, 2003

The first time I decided to become a Plat member the decision was due to a need: the need to express my gratitude...

I have countless of examples of words which I would NEVER have been able to translate without ProZ, or whose translation would not have been so accurate.

In the case of words that are new to me or for benchmarking purposes (why not?) I know I can always find \"great translators\" in my own areas of expertise. After 20 years of experience,
... See more
The first time I decided to become a Plat member the decision was due to a need: the need to express my gratitude...

I have countless of examples of words which I would NEVER have been able to translate without ProZ, or whose translation would not have been so accurate.

In the case of words that are new to me or for benchmarking purposes (why not?) I know I can always find \"great translators\" in my own areas of expertise. After 20 years of experience, you quickly detect \"valuable\" colleagues...

And when a document includes technical, medical, chemical jargon... (which are always a \"challenge\" to me...) I know where to go... or where to \"come\"...

Before and after Proz.

No doubt.

Thank you, Henry et al!

Au

Certified Public Translator

Universidad de Buenos Aires

República Argentina

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-03 20:04]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 00:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Henry is a genius man! Feb 4, 2003

It has been a year since I first joined Proz. Since then Proz has become my electronic (online) home. Even when I was traveling from one country to another, I would go to any near net café and check Proz! I think I have spent time with Proz more than I did with my wife and 5 lovely daughters! I don’t look for jobs since I am a senior translator in a well-reputed body, I earn enough money!

Through this site , I was able to launch and organize the compilation of an encyclopedic dic
... See more
It has been a year since I first joined Proz. Since then Proz has become my electronic (online) home. Even when I was traveling from one country to another, I would go to any near net café and check Proz! I think I have spent time with Proz more than I did with my wife and 5 lovely daughters! I don’t look for jobs since I am a senior translator in a well-reputed body, I earn enough money!

Through this site , I was able to launch and organize the compilation of an encyclopedic dictionary project where there are more 75 Arab translators from 25 countries have almost the compilation of the Encyclopedic English Arabic dictionary.

Without Proz and Henry’s support , We would not able to achieve this historic project.

I have felt I should thank you publicly , Henry.

Thank you once again.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A big Thank you to Proz and Henry!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »