Thread poster: Artebuz (X)
Elis Gabriela Sanchez Juarez
Elis Gabriela Sanchez Juarez
Mexico
Local time: 22:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Speaking rather syly... Feb 27, 2003

I am not a Platinum member yet, but it tops my list of priorities in my list to make my career advance...

And not because I\'m interested in bidding. As I\'ve already mentioned in other posts, I suck at bidding. Big time. I just can\'t make myself stand out. I am interested in the membership because of the Blue Board. I think that might be a much better means (for me, at least) to advertise myself. I\'m much more articulate when I feel I\'m writing to an actual person instea
... See more
I am not a Platinum member yet, but it tops my list of priorities in my list to make my career advance...

And not because I\'m interested in bidding. As I\'ve already mentioned in other posts, I suck at bidding. Big time. I just can\'t make myself stand out. I am interested in the membership because of the Blue Board. I think that might be a much better means (for me, at least) to advertise myself. I\'m much more articulate when I feel I\'m writing to an actual person instead of just filling a job application. Maybe it\'s psychological, but whatever.

Besides, and without the privileges of a Platinum member, in Proz I have found a great deal of help: from the glossaries, from the questions, from the forums, etc.

I think it is a great place to start, and a great means to get reliable feedback from colleagues.

Best wishes.
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 06:18
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
A troll in Mexico? Feb 27, 2003

If I am not mistaken, Artebuz is a \"troll\" _par excellence_. His only listed language combination is Esperanto to Guarani, which *may* be possible if he resided in Paraguay where Guarani is spoken.

The only field of specialty is \"esoteric practices\" and the only software listed is \"Battlemasters\", which I believe must be a role-playing or a strategy game.

The funniest of all is his CV:

\"Dear Persons: I am a freelance translator.\"

That\'s it.
... See more
If I am not mistaken, Artebuz is a \"troll\" _par excellence_. His only listed language combination is Esperanto to Guarani, which *may* be possible if he resided in Paraguay where Guarani is spoken.

The only field of specialty is \"esoteric practices\" and the only software listed is \"Battlemasters\", which I believe must be a role-playing or a strategy game.

That\'s it.

Collapse

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
ProZ is just one more jewel in your Crown Feb 27, 2003

A Crown consists of many jewels just like your skills, do I need to list them? But be sure not to lose any of those jewels, guard them jealously, keep on building up your skills. Seemingly you are not good in tending your overall business skills, to mention just one, graciousness toward others.

Business is, after all, what the market will bear . . . and if you\'re not careful, it will not support your because of your own actions. Life doesn\'t owe you a living, you owe it t
... See more
A Crown consists of many jewels just like your skills, do I need to list them? But be sure not to lose any of those jewels, guard them jealously, keep on building up your skills. Seemingly you are not good in tending your overall business skills, to mention just one, graciousness toward others.

Business is, after all, what the market will bear . . . and if you\'re not careful, it will not support your because of your own actions. Life doesn\'t owe you a living, you owe it to yourself.

Admittedly I wrote this before I checked out your (non-existing) profile. Out of the three KudoZ you got, two had been posed by anonymous persons, who could be anybody. Actually, I have to agree with my colleagues that you are not for real. KudoZ list your skills and that\'s one way you build up respect among your peers as well as with your potential customers.

Enough said, I\'m not going to waste any more time on this, I\'m going to translate my newsletter for my customer today.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-27 08:42]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
A converted troll, perhaps... Feb 27, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-27 08:06, Ban Csaba wrote:

The f... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-27 08:06, Ban Csaba wrote:

That\'s it.

Csaba,

He must have changed his profile; when I looked at it last night, it looked reasonably serious. The CV was more or less complete, but looked, well, not very attractive (trying hard to be diplomatic here...).

Cheers, Ralf ▲ Collapse

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
And you "misspelt" "misspelled" Feb 27, 2003

BTW, \"Mexico\" ist not ALWAYS written with an \"x\". Have a look at Russian!

On 2003-02-26 23:57, Dyran wrote:

PS: You misspelt \"México\". It\'s *always* written with an \"x\".

Salem

Steffen

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I consider Platinum membership a waste of time and money

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »