Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Where would you like to have the next conference?
Thread poster: Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:01
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Oops.. Dec 6, 2007

Yaotl Altan wrote:

Mexico is in North America

Sorry, Yaotl, but is it in North America or Central America?

KathyT
KathyT  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:31
Japanese to English
Prefer anywhere that doesn't fingerprint tourists upon arrival Dec 6, 2007

My personal preference would be a location that does not treat tourists as terrorists.
So that would discount the U.S. and Japan.
Australia may also fall into this category in the not-too-distant future, regrettably.

Kathy

P.S. @Niraja - Mexico is definitely part of North America.

[Caveat - I have nothing to hide and have perfectly untainted fingerprints! I just really dislike this
... See more
My personal preference would be a location that does not treat tourists as terrorists.
So that would discount the U.S. and Japan.
Australia may also fall into this category in the not-too-distant future, regrettably.

Kathy

P.S. @Niraja - Mexico is definitely part of North America.

[Caveat - I have nothing to hide and have perfectly untainted fingerprints! I just really dislike this blanket assumption by certain countries that it's OK to put tourists' fingerprints on mass-databases and keep the data for 99 years, or whatever the figure is, and share this information with whichever other countries they choose, without my consent. Big Brother is watching...]
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:31
English to Dutch
+ ...
Never attended one, but... Dec 6, 2007

for me, requirements would includë:

- easy to travel to (reasonable distance from airport, station, etc)
- hotels etc. at an affordable price
- no host country with an exotic language

The first two speak for themselves, by the second I mean that it would be nice - if I had to come to an unknown country or city - to be able to ask directions and communicate with staff and locals in 'international' languages. So a country please where people can be expected
... See more
for me, requirements would includë:

- easy to travel to (reasonable distance from airport, station, etc)
- hotels etc. at an affordable price
- no host country with an exotic language

The first two speak for themselves, by the second I mean that it would be nice - if I had to come to an unknown country or city - to be able to ask directions and communicate with staff and locals in 'international' languages. So a country please where people can be expected to speak a little English/Spanish/German or some other 'big' language.

I also agree with Kathy T's comment.

I'd prefer Europe, Great Britain or Ireland would be nice (York, Oxford, Dublin?) but the USA would certainly be an option. I just love the South-West (Phoenix, Az. maybe?).
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where would you like to have the next conference?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »