Agency ratings (the ProZ.com Blue Board) - Excellent idea!
Thread poster: Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 28, 2001

Here\'s hoping that people will use it wisely.

Patricia Lutteral
Patricia Lutteral  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
yes, great Dec 28, 2001

I totally agree with Dyran\'s comment.

Regards,

Patricia
[addsig]

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 03:22
German to English
+ ...
Hear, hear Dec 28, 2001

Well done Henry!

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 02:22
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Excellent idea, well executed Dec 28, 2001

What more can one say?

Please use it, folks!
[addsig]

Walter Lockhart Ries (X)
Walter Lockhart Ries (X)  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oops! I goofed! Dec 29, 2001

A hasty reply to one of the first questions in the form for adding a new outsourcer, ended up creating an agency called Spain.

I\'ve revisited it and tried to find a way to delete it (me being the culprit... ehem, poster) to no avail. As posters can modify the postings, wouldn\'t it be good for the poster to be able to deleting it entirely?

[addsig]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Well done! Dec 29, 2001

I can only agree to what has been said already - building the rating system simply on people\'s willingness to take another job turns a potentially negative discussion into something inherently positive.

Question: I would like to put my own business up for rating - can I do that, or would I need someone who is working with me to submit an entry (hopefully a positive one...)?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
You can post your own agency, calling for feedback Dec 29, 2001

Ralf asked:

Question: I would like to put my own business up for rating - can I do that, or would I need someone who is working with me to submit an entry (hopefully a positive one...)?

Yes, submit it as a request for info.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
German to English
+ ...
You can invite votes Dec 29, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-12-29 14:23, Henry wrote:

Ralf asked:

That is alright, but one member (DeJump) has put up his/her own agency and ... See more
Quote:

On 2001-12-29 14:23, Henry wrote:

Ralf asked:

That is alright, but one member (DeJump) has put up his/her own agency and gave himself/herself 5 points. That\'s abuse! I call on Henry to remove that member. ▲ Collapse

Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
awarding own points Dec 29, 2001

I\'m not sure if dismissal may be a little harsh, but certainly a reprimand and points removal. Imagine if the translators could award their own points (I\'d have lots and lots. To Ralf: Give me an assigment and I\'ll give you some points

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, mate... Dec 29, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-12-29 15:06, ajohnson wrote:

I\'m not sure if dismissal may be a little harsh, but certainly a reprimand and points removal. Imagine if the translators could award their own points (I\'d have lots and lots. To Ralf: Give me an assigment and I\'ll give you some points

...but our fields of expertis... See more
Quote:

On 2001-12-29 15:06, ajohnson wrote:

...but our fields of expertise are incompatible... Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency ratings (the ProZ.com Blue Board) - Excellent idea!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »