https://www.proz.com/forum/romanian/16499-are_cineva_windows_ul_romanesc_ajutor_cu_un_screenshot.html

Are cineva Windows-ul romanesc? (ajutor cu un screenshot)
Thread poster: Alexandru Pojoga
Alexandru Pojoga
Alexandru Pojoga
Romania
Local time: 07:34
Japanese to English
+ ...
Dec 8, 2003

Salut tuturor,

Daca are cineva din colegi Win95, 98 sau Me, varianta ROMANEASCA, i-as fi mult recunoscator pentru un mic serviciu: o captura de ecran cu fereastra "Find Setup Wizard" in romaneste. Cateva detalii mai jos:

Particip ca voluntar la traducerea unor articole ale lui Joel Spolsky, ce discuta despre industria IT. Cel mai important articol al sau, tradus deja de alti entuziasti, face referire la design-ul interfetei cu utilizatorul, dand multe exemple de *interf
... See more
Salut tuturor,

Daca are cineva din colegi Win95, 98 sau Me, varianta ROMANEASCA, i-as fi mult recunoscator pentru un mic serviciu: o captura de ecran cu fereastra "Find Setup Wizard" in romaneste. Cateva detalii mai jos:

Particip ca voluntar la traducerea unor articole ale lui Joel Spolsky, ce discuta despre industria IT. Cel mai important articol al sau, tradus deja de alti entuziasti, face referire la design-ul interfetei cu utilizatorul, dand multe exemple de *interfata prost implementata*. Originalul este aici, o lectura interesanta:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/fog0000000249.html

Printre exemplele date de autor se numara si celebra caseta de dialog Help, care "mai mult incurca decat ajuta". Ca sa o gasiti in cadrul articolului, dati o cautare pentru "try to find something in Help".

Aceasta e fereastra care m-ar interesa, in ROMANESTE. Se presupune ca nu ati folosit Help-ul niciodata -- acest "Wizard" apare doar de prima data.

Se procedeaza foarte simplu: Alt-PrintScreen, rulati programul Paint si dati Paste. Salvati ca BMP sau jpeg si expediati pe adresa [email protected] -- sau dati-mi un mesaj prin Proz si va comunic adresa permanenta.

Cu multe multumiri pentru ajutor,
Alexandru
Collapse

Bogdan Burghelea
Bogdan Burghelea  Identity Verified
Romania
English to German
+ ...
windoze Dec 9, 2003

din cite stiu eu, win 95 si nici chiar win 98 nu a fost regionalizat. Asa incit ar fi extrem de greu sa gasiti un screenshot in romana.

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 06:34
German to Romanian
+ ...
incearca la asco Dec 9, 2003

daca imi amintesc bine, parca are un windows in romana printr-un "sertar" pentru situatii din acestea)

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Thanks for the article Dec 10, 2003

Alexandru,

Sorry I can't be of help with your request, but thanks a lot anyway for a great article!

Be sure to post a short reply when you've got that screenshot or if you find out for sure that Win9x has indeed not been localized.

Apologies to all for writing in English, but this article is too good not to say thank you for it.

Best,
Endre

Alexandru Pojoga
Alexandru Pojoga
Romania
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Joel is a terrific writer Dec 10, 2003

I just found out that Win95 through 2000 haven't been localized, so I guess we're sticking with the English dialog.

Unless of course someone does the daring step and actually reproduces the dialog in Romanian from scratch. Well.

Anyway, be sure to check out his other articles from the archives. They are such a READ!

Alex

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
Apropo de localizare Dec 11, 2003

cred ca majoritatea utilizatorilor folosesc oricum versiunea in engleza, pentru ca cele romanesti sunt ... (nu vreau sa spun nimic aici, va las sa completati cu ce vreti). Asa ca probabil solutia cea mai buna este folosirea screenshot-ului englezesc, aceasta fiind varianta mult mult mult mai raspandita a programului

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Help wizard Dec 11, 2003

Given the intent of the article, I would say that in this specific case, it would make perfect sense to translate the dialog into Romanian even if the corresponding Windows version has not been localized at all.

After all, this is why you translate the article in the first place: to make it available to readers who _don't_ read in English; and the screenshot is there to prove the author's point, not to give you instructions about your OS like a user manual would do.

So,
... See more
Given the intent of the article, I would say that in this specific case, it would make perfect sense to translate the dialog into Romanian even if the corresponding Windows version has not been localized at all.

After all, this is why you translate the article in the first place: to make it available to readers who _don't_ read in English; and the screenshot is there to prove the author's point, not to give you instructions about your OS like a user manual would do.

So, Alex, if you care to translate the text and email it to me, I'll paste it into the screenshot, trying to make it look "real". Of course, you would _absolutely_ have to specify in a translator's note that the translation is by you and the screenshot is a fictitious one.

Endre

PS: Alex (and all): please feel free to write in Romanian. I don't feel confident in writing it (which is why I hardly ever show up here), but don't take me as an example. E.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Are cineva Windows-ul romanesc? (ajutor cu un screenshot)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »