Off topic: I am looking to purchase....
Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab

Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:28
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 22, 2003

... a lock of Georghi Hagi\'s hair. If anyone has one which they would like to sell, or knows of a vendor who can supply and ship (FOC) said item to me before 24th April I would be most grateful (I wish to present it to my grandma for hier 97th birthday - she is a grand old dame, and doing very nicely, thank you). She has always been particular partial to the Romanian captain\'s forelocks and think this would make her very happy - could even be enough to give her the boost she needs to make 100.

[ This Message was edited by: The Tautologist on 2003-03-22 08:40]

Direct link Reply with quote

Susanna & Christian Popescu GbR
Germany
Local time: 22:28
Romanian to German
+ ...
Dan, Mar 22, 2003

I suggest you e-mail Hagi\'s fan club. You could have more success:

http://www.hagi.ro/intro.html
[addsig]

United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do you have the website... Mar 22, 2003

... address of his hairdressers?

They could be worth a try?

If you are in Bucharest, would you be able to go there for me and ask for a lock of his hair? Obviously I will cover your bus fare (and 2nd class postage of the hair to England)

Many thanks in advance, Christian.

[ This Message was edited by: The Tautologist on 2003-03-22 13:47]

Raluca Ion  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Romanian
+ ...
:( Mar 23, 2003

Dear Dan,

it´s a nice idea, and I don´t mean to discourage you, but I think you have about 0 chances with this... People around here are not such crazy fans... I doubt anybody has any idea where Hagi does his hair (which is about0.5 cm lately) or that anybody posesses such thing. I wouldn´t be surprised if he did it himself . And as far as I know, he is quite private...wouldn´t know where to start if I wanted to stalk him. I´m going to the Romania-Denmark game nex week, and, honestly, if I spot him and am close enough I´ll ask. Hope we´ll be winning, otherwise...I´ll be hearing things.

Raluca

United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Raluca Mar 23, 2003

I\'m not easily discouraged. No need to go out of your way to ask him. It sounds like he doesn\'t have too much to spare in any case. I think I might focus instead on trying to obtain a set of Dan Petrescu\'s toenail clippings instead.

Hope Romania get a result.

Dan

Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:28
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
write to Hagi Mar 23, 2003

This is what I would do. Just write to the glamorous character, explain to him about the situation and ask him directly for the lock of hair. Don\'t expect too much, he is getting old and his hair is not what it used to be , but if he is the gentelman he pretends to be, he should honour the request I should say.

Good luck and best wishes for your Grandmother. I really hope you will get the hair for her.

United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Christiana... Mar 24, 2003

... but I have already abandoned Operation \"Get Hagi\'s Hair\" and am focusing my energies on the Petrescu project, which I think, on reflection, is probably a little less ambitious.

I\'ll be certain to let you know how I get on.

[ This Message was edited by: The Tautologist on 2003-03-24 02:48]

Susanna & Christian Popescu GbR
Germany
Local time: 22:28
Romanian to German
+ ...
I'd be ready to look for Hagi's Mar 24, 2003

lock or for Petrescu\'s whatever. But in exchange I\'d like a feather from her Majesty\'s blue hat, which she was wearing at her 76th birthday. I have an aunt, who is, in fact, a convinced republican, but I\'m sure she would very much appreciate this gift for her Saint\'s day. Well, if that isn\'t possible, I think my aunt would declare herself satisfied with a nail of the horseshoe from the left front foot of Prince Charles\' favourite horse, which I think is, in fact, a mare. So, hoping that my aunt won\'t shoot at me, if I show up with such a marvellous gift, I thank you in advance, Dan. Regards, Christian.
[addsig]

United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Christian Mar 26, 2003

Sounds like a fair trade. I\'ll ask her next time I\'m taking tea at the Palace. She\'s normally pretty good about that sort of thing.

United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cesar Dinu Apr 3, 2003

Any Dinamo Bucharest / Universiteta di Craiova fans out there who remember this player and could tell me a little bit about him?

Raluca Ion  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Romanian
+ ...
just a bit... Apr 3, 2003

I found this article...maybe you´ve seen it too. I´ll look later for more...maybe some fan site.

http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/News/Kind=2/newsId=59253.html

Dinu dies after car accident

Sunday, 16 March 2003

Romanian midfield player Cezar Dinu has died after suffering a heart attack while in a coma induced by a car accident last month.

Heart attack

Dinu, 27, was involved in the crash in Focsani on 22 February and his condition has since deteriorated. He had been in a coma since the accident, in which he damaged internal organs and suffered irreversible brain damage. Although he did have a slim chance of recovery, he died after a heart attack on Sunday, having also suffered one the previous day.

Loan move

He played 101 games in the Romanian First Division for FC Dinamo Bucuresti, CF Gloria Bistrita 1922, FC Chindia Targoviste, FC Rocar Bucuresti, FC Brasov, FC Universitatea Craiova and Astra Ploiesti. The latter club had loaned him to second division team FC Unirea 2002 Focsani this season.

Dinamo product

A product of Dinamo\'s youth system, Dinu has become the second player of his generation at that club’s academy to die. Catalin Haldan, who went on to captain Dinamo, died on 5 October 2000 after collapsing on the pitch.

Raluca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucica Abil[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am looking to purchase....

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs