Thread poster: Caroline Makrop
Caroline Makrop
Caroline Makrop
Greece
Local time: 18:06
Greek to English
+ ...
May 13, 2008

I have translated into Russian the witnessing of a signature by a Notary for my father (a Notary Public). I am not a native speaker of Russian, and so it needs correcting. Would someone be able to do this as a favour? (I could repay the favour by editing/translating something else another day.) I need to get it to my father by 12:45 UK time today, Tuesday 13 May. It's only 66 words.
[email protected]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:06
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Caroline May 13, 2008

First of all, there is such thing as 'Exchange' - it is designed specially for such cases as yours ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange ).

Second, I am not sure about the purpose of this translation, however you should be aware that 'homemade' translations in most cases are of no good for Notary Public as such documents require translations done by certified translators.

Anyway, p
... See more
First of all, there is such thing as 'Exchange' - it is designed specially for such cases as yours ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange ).

Second, I am not sure about the purpose of this translation, however you should be aware that 'homemade' translations in most cases are of no good for Notary Public as such documents require translations done by certified translators.

Anyway, please feel free to send me the file through my profile (using the 'send file' button) and I'll help you.

Natalia

[Edited at 2008-05-13 08:43]
Collapse

Caroline Makrop
Caroline Makrop
Greece
Local time: 18:06
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 13, 2008

Dear Natalie,

Thanks very much for directing me to the right pages of Proz. I'll do that next time.

I don't know what my father wants the translation for - it has now been looked at by a fellow translator from Proz.

All the best,

Caroline.

Natalie wrote:

Anyway, please feel free to send me the file through my profile (using the 'send file' button) and I'll help you.

Natalia

[Edited at 2008-05-13 08:43]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could you edit my Russian translation?

Translation news in Russian Federation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »