Could you edit my Russian translation?
Thread poster: Caroline Makropoulos

Caroline Makropoulos  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 15:02
Greek to English
+ ...
May 13, 2008

I have translated into Russian the witnessing of a signature by a Notary for my father (a Notary Public). I am not a native speaker of Russian, and so it needs correcting. Would someone be able to do this as a favour? (I could repay the favour by editing/translating something else another day.) I need to get it to my father by 12:45 UK time today, Tuesday 13 May. It's only 66 words.
cmakrop@ath.forthnet.gr

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:02
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Caroline May 13, 2008

First of all, there is such thing as 'Exchange' - it is designed specially for such cases as yours ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange ).

Second, I am not sure about the purpose of this translation, however you should be aware that 'homemade' translations in most cases are of no good for Notary Public as such documents require translations done by certified translators.

Anyway, please feel free to send me the file through my profile (using the 'send file' button) and I'll help you.

Natalia

[Edited at 2008-05-13 08:43]

Caroline Makropoulos  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 15:02
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 13, 2008

Dear Natalie,

Thanks very much for directing me to the right pages of Proz. I'll do that next time.

I don't know what my father wants the translation for - it has now been looked at by a fellow translator from Proz.

All the best,

Caroline.

Natalie wrote:

First of all, there is such thing as 'Exchange' - it is designed specially for such cases as yours ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange ).

Second, I am not sure about the purpose of this translation, however you should be aware that 'homemade' translations in most cases are of no good for Notary Public as such documents require translations done by certified translators.

Anyway, please feel free to send me the file through my profile (using the 'send file' button) and I'll help you.

Natalia

[Edited at 2008-05-13 08:43]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could you edit my Russian translation?

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs