Edit Russian PDF
Thread poster: Natalia Millman

Natalia Millman
Local time: 13:50
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 5, 2004

HI dear colleagues,

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever edited the Russian text in PDF.

I know that there are such softwares that cover mostly Western European languages. Moreover, it is not free of charge.

I am actually looking for either a trial version of such software or a free software for making minor editing changes.

Would appreciate your help!
Thanks

Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:50
English to Russian
+ ...
pdf into abbyy reader Mar 6, 2004

Hello!

it is rather simple - process pdf file by abbyy reader (www.abbyy.com).

Outurn of this operatiom is a word or other office document which can be easily edited.

step b : edited word file is used as the basis for pdf file (processing by acrobat).

In case there is no Acrobat on your computer it is possible to find in the net some other programms (PDF Factory for example) converting word files into PDF files. They are not expensive at all and some are for free.

Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Шрифты и еще кое-что... Mar 9, 2004

Natalia Millman wrote:

HI dear colleagues,

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever edited the Russian text in PDF.

Наталья,
Советую запастись русскими PS-шрифтами. Дело в том, что pdf "плохо дружит" с TTF-шрифтами. Могут возникнуть проблемы.
И еще: отредактировать pdf можно с помощью программы Adobe Illustrator. Работа не из простых, но совпадение layout'ов оригинала и перевода - максимальное.

Удачи!

mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
Not a big problem Mar 24, 2004

If pdf was created using win 1251 encoding just Use Adobe Acrobat 6 CE to edit directly
pdf.

For chain pdf->editable format (rtf, doc, txt) ->pdf the best tools:
Scansoft PDF converter or Solid Pdf converter
->MS word->Fineprint PDF

With other encoding or Type 1 fonts more problems but Finereader at least can solve them (But it takes a lot of time and manual work for complex documents)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit Russian PDF

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs