Beatrice T
Beatrice T  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
German to Italian
+ ...
May 21, 2004

Hi everybody,

I will spend some days in Moscow at the end of this month and I would really like to attend a show at the Bolshoi theater.
The point is: do you know the average price for a ticket?
I have visited the Bolshoi website (www.bolshoi.ru), where in the English section prices are expressed in "rur". I suppose this "rur" is Russian rubles, right?
Second point: I have read in man
... See more
Hi everybody,

I will spend some days in Moscow at the end of this month and I would really like to attend a show at the Bolshoi theater.
The point is: do you know the average price for a ticket?
I have visited the Bolshoi website (www.bolshoi.ru), where in the English section prices are expressed in "rur". I suppose this "rur" is Russian rubles, right?
Second point: I have read in many touristic guides that the price for a ticket is AT LEAST 75 Euro (=2.600 rubles).
Now, in the Bolshoi website, you can buy tickets even for 50 rur, which is 1.43 Euro!!!
How come? What price should I expect to pay for such a ticket? I really cannot figure it out.

Thanks for any help and for any other advice for my first time in Moscow.

Regards from Italy!

Beatrice

P.S. What is the weather like now?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-21 19:48]
Collapse

Martinique
Martinique  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:54
English to Russian
+ ...
Your information is realistic May 21, 2004

Hi Beatrice,

I don't know the meaning of "rur", but your information (price for a ticket is ABOUT 75 Euro = 2.600 rubles) is much more realistic.

It's cold and rainy in Moscow this week.

Good luck!

Elena

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:54
Member (2002)
Russian to English
hope this helps May 21, 2004

Hi Beatrice,
I bought tickets for my mother and stepfather this January for about $20 each. They were in like the second balcony in the front row. Those really cheap tickets are usually bought in advance and re-sold more expensively (it's a complicated thing).

My husband got the tickets for my parents at the ticket window at the actual theater. He said it was no problem. If you don't speak Russian, ask at your hotel. Maybe they will be able to help you. If I went into town mor
... See more
Hi Beatrice,
I bought tickets for my mother and stepfather this January for about $20 each. They were in like the second balcony in the front row. Those really cheap tickets are usually bought in advance and re-sold more expensively (it's a complicated thing).

My husband got the tickets for my parents at the ticket window at the actual theater. He said it was no problem. If you don't speak Russian, ask at your hotel. Maybe they will be able to help you. If I went into town more often I'd offer to help, but I've got a little baby at home and, at the moment, lots of translations breathing down my neck!

The weather is about 10 C and windy, off and on rain/sun. You'll want to layer because it gets pretty steamy in the metro.

Enjoy your stay!
Collapse

Carley Hydusik
Carley Hydusik  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
Russian to English
+ ...
Saw Giselle there last week May 22, 2004

I had the great pleasure of attending a performance at the Bolshoi last week. I paid 700 rubles (approx. USD 25) for a ticket in the top level of the theater, but even from there, the view was very good. I got my ticket at one of those ticket-selling kiosks down in the metro station at Park Kultury (though there are many around the city). If you don't speak Russian you may have to enlist the help of a Russian if you want to use this method. Otherwise, ask at your hotel, as someone else suggested... See more
I had the great pleasure of attending a performance at the Bolshoi last week. I paid 700 rubles (approx. USD 25) for a ticket in the top level of the theater, but even from there, the view was very good. I got my ticket at one of those ticket-selling kiosks down in the metro station at Park Kultury (though there are many around the city). If you don't speak Russian you may have to enlist the help of a Russian if you want to use this method. Otherwise, ask at your hotel, as someone else suggested.

Enjoy!
Carley
Collapse

Beatrice T
Beatrice T  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 24, 2004

Thank you all guys,
I think I have found out the difference: ballets are much more expensive than other shows, like e.g. plays. I have discovered that the average price for a ballet is 80 Euro, while the average price for a play is 15 Euro.
I have another question: is it true that Metro signs in Moscow are only in cyrillic characters? I am trying to learn how to read them, but it still takes a long time
What do y
... See more
Thank you all guys,
I think I have found out the difference: ballets are much more expensive than other shows, like e.g. plays. I have discovered that the average price for a ballet is 80 Euro, while the average price for a play is 15 Euro.
I have another question: is it true that Metro signs in Moscow are only in cyrillic characters? I am trying to learn how to read them, but it still takes a long time
What do you advice to visit besides the traditional touristic places?
Thanks again for your help
Beatrice
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tickets for Bolshoi theater

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »