Mobile menu

Off topic: Web journalism in Ukraine (question about pricing)
Thread poster: Alexander Demyanov
Alexander Demyanov
Local time: 11:27
+ ...
Jul 29, 2004

Please accept my aplogies for the English.

Dear colleagues,

Would you happen to know something on how much one should charge for writing original articles in English for a web lifestyle publication, based in Ukraine?

Thank you for your advice.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-07-29 18:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:27
English to Russian
+ ...
it depends Jul 29, 2004

I believe it heavily depends upon who's running the web site and, thus, ordering those articles.

I mean, basically, I do not think that in this case the charge has to be anything lower than some standard figures.

And why one (who is not, say, Ukrainian national, is to consider the Ukrainian standard pricing when building a renumeration rate? (it is viable probably only if the person resides in Ukraine..).

On the other note, the life there currently is not cheap at all, especially, if one wants to maintain some decent living standards.

This is just a thought based on the "working" knowledge of living there.

[Edited at 2004-07-29 19:33]

[Edited at 2004-07-29 19:34]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web journalism in Ukraine (question about pricing)

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs