Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:19
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2004

Hi there,

I have been offered a job as a remote translator from Russian into English and vica versa by a large Russian company. The texts are quite difficult metallurgy translations. The workload is 10 pages per day 5 days a week + some urgent one-off translations. I am bi-lingual in the two languages, have around 2-2.5 years experience generally and about a year in the field.

I have a number of questions..
First of all I have no idea how much I can expect to be paid and therefore how much I should ask for - I have always worked freelance.
Secondly, I have no idea how I should ask to be paid - per word, per page, per symbol, per month...Given the fact that its full time, I was thinking maybe a monthly salary + per page/word for urgent translations?

Finally, any advice on how to get my salary from Moscow to me in the UK at the lowest cost would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-14 03:36]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-14 09:04]

Direct link Reply with quote

Victor Sidelnikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:19
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Этот вопрос не совсем по адресу Aug 14, 2004

Мне кажется, все это должно решаться с вашим заказчиком. В Москве за страницу платят и 2, и 15 долларов. И какой совет вы хотите получить в таких обстоятельствах?
То же самое и по остальным позициям.

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:19
English to Russian
+ ...
moneybookers or e-gold is a solution Aug 15, 2004

Konstantin Kisin wrote:

Hi there,

I have been offered a job as a remote translator from Russian into English and vica versa by a large Russian company. The texts are quite difficult metallurgy translations. The workload is 10 pages per day 5 days a week + some urgent one-off translations. I am bi-lingual in the two languages, have around 2-2.5 years experience generally and about a year in the field.

I have a number of questions..
First of all I have no idea how much I can expect to be paid and therefore how much I should ask for - I have always worked freelance.
Secondly, I have no idea how I should ask to be paid - per word, per page, per symbol, per month...Given the fact that its full time, I was thinking maybe a monthly salary + per page/word for urgent translations?

Finally, any advice on how to get my salary from Moscow to me in the UK at the lowest cost would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-14 03:36]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-14 09:04]

If your client pays you in e-gold or webmoney or moneybookers you will pay only 0.50 euro for bank expenses.

hope I have served you enough
regards

Sergey Gorelik
Local time: 19:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Некоторый опыт Aug 16, 2004

По опыту московского рынка, такая работа -- для крупной компании -- приблизительно оценивается в $3000 в месяц (фиксированный оклад) плюс $15-20 за страницу текста за все, что свыше.
Оплата постраничная из расчета от 1640 до 1800 знаков (с пробелами) на страницу.
Что касается метода оплаты, то для них не должно быть проблемой переводить деньги напрямую на ваш банковский счет за рубежом. У бухгалтерии есть целый ряд статей, под которые можно оформлять такой расчет. Все это оговаривается в контракте.

Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:19
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Спасибо! Aug 16, 2004

Вопрос решен!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Работа в Москве: нужен совет насчет зарплаты

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs