Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Сколько стоит письменный перевод в Лондоне?
Thread poster: Valery Afanasiev
Valery Afanasiev
Valery Afanasiev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2004

Подскажите, пожалуйста, сколько может стоить в Лондоне перевод технического текста с русского языка на английский. Из расчета за 1 страницу или за 1 слово. При условии обращения в переводческую компанию, либо к частному переводчику, с нормальными рекомендациями.

Спасибо за ответы

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:09
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Последние известия Oct 29, 2004

Только что (несколько минут назад) получил сведения от (довольно большого) агентства HLL

Требует от клиента (фунтов за 1000 слов)
Standard 107.00; Secure 126.00; Patent 134.00; Minimum 50.00

Платит переводчикам:
Standard 63.13; Secure 74.34; Patents 79.06; Minimum 29.50

Мне не ясно, что означает "Secure".
... See more
Только что (несколько минут назад) получил сведения от (довольно большого) агентства HLL

Требует от клиента (фунтов за 1000 слов)
Standard 107.00; Secure 126.00; Patent 134.00; Minimum 50.00

Платит переводчикам:
Standard 63.13; Secure 74.34; Patents 79.06; Minimum 29.50

Мне не ясно, что означает "Secure".

От меня лично (но к сожалению, я не в состоянии работать в настоящее время - сломал левую руку):

Все категории: 65.00; минимум 20.00.
Collapse

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 02:09
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jack the Broken Hand Oct 29, 2004

Jack Doughty wrote:

От меня лично (но к сожалению, я не в состоянии работать в настоящее время - сломал левую руку):

Все категории: 65.00; минимум 20.00.

Jack, I am sorry!
How you did that - damaged the main instrument... (and i bet you did not insure it..)).

Hope you will be well soon and happy Halloween!

Vladimir
Vancouver

Alexander Demyanov
Alexander Demyanov
Local time: 03:09
English
+ ...
До свадьбы заживет Oct 29, 2004

Jack, примите мои искренние соболезнования.

Надеюсь, травма получена в процессе чего-нибудь увлекательного (поло?)

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thanks for your concern Oct 30, 2004

Thank you, Vladimir and Alexander. Not quite so entertaining as Alexander suggests. I tripped over a kerb (curb) and fell heavily on my left side. Fracture of the head of the humerus (I won't bother to look up the Russian for that). Fortunately I am right-handed or I would not be writing this.
It was ironic, really. For my birthday (last July), my daughter paid for me to take a flight in a Tiger Moth (which, as you may know, is a pre-war two-seater open-cockpit biplane) from an airfie
... See more
Thank you, Vladimir and Alexander. Not quite so entertaining as Alexander suggests. I tripped over a kerb (curb) and fell heavily on my left side. Fracture of the head of the humerus (I won't bother to look up the Russian for that). Fortunately I am right-handed or I would not be writing this.
It was ironic, really. For my birthday (last July), my daughter paid for me to take a flight in a Tiger Moth (which, as you may know, is a pre-war two-seater open-cockpit biplane) from an airfield near where she lives, so we had gone there for the weekend. It was a very windy day and the flight was cancelled, so we went to the town of Saffron Walden instead.
As it turned out, I would probably have been safer flying in a Tiger Moth in a gale than I was on the streets of Saffron Walden!
It's a simple fracture and should mend in a few weeks, but though I can manage a bit of typing, I don't feel up to working at present.

[Edited at 2004-10-30 05:33]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason:
ttagir
ttagir  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
We all wish you fast and complete recovery! Oct 30, 2004

Was quite upset to know that you'd broken (a part of) your (hand/arm/shoulder/clavicle? - I do not know exactly... therefore) extremity. A propos, there are several types of software allowing you to type by voice:).
As they say in Portuguese - "ra'pidas melhores"!
Yours,
T.
PS. I read your post again and cvan say this is "головка плечевой кости". So, they should have applied a kind of fixation. The only advice I could give (without pretending to be hea
... See more
Was quite upset to know that you'd broken (a part of) your (hand/arm/shoulder/clavicle? - I do not know exactly... therefore) extremity. A propos, there are several types of software allowing you to type by voice:).
As they say in Portuguese - "ra'pidas melhores"!
Yours,
T.
PS. I read your post again and cvan say this is "головка плечевой кости". So, they should have applied a kind of fixation. The only advice I could give (without pretending to be heard though:)) is that some oriental people use to take "мумие" in such circumstances. Should be taken with plenty milk. It is a strong biological stimulator helping bones to join again and to heal bone fractures. However, that ability to help to grow has some other sides and consequences...:) Take care and recover easily!
T.

[Edited at 2004-10-30 10:22]
Collapse

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank you all; apology to Valery. Oct 30, 2004

Thank you all for your kind remarks.

I feel I should also apologise to Valery for inadvertently hijacking his topic! I hope someone else will be able to add to the information I gave him.

I was confused at first by Dr. Tagir saying that the humerus is плечевая кость, because in my dictionaries it says that this is the collar bone. But I have since confirmed that he is right and the dictionaries are wrong. Collar bone is ключица.

Best
... See more
Thank you all for your kind remarks.

I feel I should also apologise to Valery for inadvertently hijacking his topic! I hope someone else will be able to add to the information I gave him.

I was confused at first by Dr. Tagir saying that the humerus is плечевая кость, because in my dictionaries it says that this is the collar bone. But I have since confirmed that he is right and the dictionaries are wrong. Collar bone is ключица.

Best wishes,

Джек.
Collapse

Valery Afanasiev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jack, thanks for your contribution Oct 30, 2004

Jack Doughty wrote:
I feel I should also apologise to Valery for inadvertently hijacking his topic!

It's OK, Jack and thanx for your contribution and experience. What I'm really surprusied with is a huge variance between what they (translation companies) charge and what they pay to translators. Also in any case I am also quite surprised with the fact that the rates in London are in some cases lower than those in Moscow. I am seriously thinking about suggesting to my bosses in London to look for some translation guys up there rather than sending Rus->Eng translation requests to our Moscow office.

Have a nice day then and
Take care,
Valery

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
7-10 pence per word Oct 30, 2004

That is my experience, up north it's a little less.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 02:09
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
it's per word - not per page :-))) Nov 1, 2004

Valery, hi,
Are you saying that in Moscow the rates are higher than 60 - 70 pounds per 1000 words? - wow and wow (and wow) if it is so.

Valery Afanasiev wrote:

Also in any case I am also quite surprised with the fact that the rates in London are in some cases lower than those in Moscow.

[Edited at 2004-11-01 01:35]

Valery Afanasiev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Вопрос не прост, но тем не менее... Nov 1, 2004

Vladimir Dubisskiy wrote:

Valery, hi,
Are you saying that in Moscow the rates are higher than 60 - 70 pounds per 1000 words? - wow and wow (and wow) if it is so.

Valery Afanasiev wrote:

Also in any case I am also quite surprised with the fact that the rates in London are in some cases lower than those in Moscow.

[Edited at 2004-11-01 01:35]

Ну, как я написал выше, это лишь в некоторых случаях. Тем не менее, обратившись по просьбе нашего лондонского офиса в ряд московских переводческих компаний, я получил от них предложение выполнить перевод по цене US$ 20-22 за одну условную страницу (таковой в России традиционно считается объем = 1800 знаков, включая пробелы). Пересчет в "английскую систему" подсчета объема (1000 слов) дает примерно такую арифметику: на одной странице - примерно 250 слов. 1000 слов = 4 условных страницы. Итого за перевод объема в 1000 слов в Москве просят 80 долларов, что равно примерно 53 английским фунтам. Это, конечно не 60-70, но все равно очень, очень дорого.

Я не беру маргинальные случаи, когда некоторые переводчики или переводческие агентства выражают готовность выполнять переводы по 5-6 долларов/страница, качество таких переводов меня заведомо не удовлетворяет.

Меня крайне удивил тот факт, что за каких-нибудь полгода цены на перевод в Москве подпрыгнули с 12-15 долларов/стр. до $20 и если не сравнялись, то вплотную подошли к расценкам в Великобритании.

В таких условиях мне (а я работаю переводчиком-координатором в крупной международной компании) придется весьма избирательно подходить к выбору подрядчиков. И если раньше я в кошмарном сне не мог представить, что буду направлять заказы на переводы с русского на английский из Москвы в Лондон, то теперь в ряде случаев такая идея уже не кажется фантастической.

Впрочем, вопрос, конечно, потребует дополнительного изучения. Но уже есть, над чем подумать. Всем большое спасибо за дискуссию.

assia
assia
Russian to English
+ ...
Просто совет Nov 1, 2004

Valery Afanasiev wrote:

Меня крайне удивил тот факт, что за каких-нибудь полгода цены на перевод в Москве подпрыгнули с 12-15 долларов/стр. до $20 и если не сравнялись, то вплотную подошли к расценкам в Великобритании.

Вы могли бы обратить внимание и на регионы. Цены на перевод за пределами Москвы ниже в разы, если не на порядок, и маргиналы здесь ни при чем.

Valery Afanasiev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
регионы Nov 1, 2004

assia wrote:

Вы могли бы обратить внимание и на регионы. Цены на перевод за пределами Москвы ниже в разы, если не на порядок, и маргиналы здесь ни при чем.

Да, я знаю. Но работать с переводчиками в регионах я не могу по техническим причинам - мне необходимо физическое присутствие переводчика (или компании) в Москве. Или в Лондоне.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Сколько стоит письменный перевод в Лондоне?

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »