Mobile menu

Off topic: Beware of the new wave of infected emails!
Thread poster: xxxIreneN
United States
Local time: 03:58
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2004

Hi, everyone,

I had 5 'mail delivery'
and 're you order' mails just this morning. Clean your machines and update your antivirus systems today!

FYI - I clean it each day with SpyWare after going to Proz and Google - at least 22 deletions each time. Should I add - 50 guaranteed. Не читайте советских газет:-)

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
English to Hindi
+ ...
When I visit Nov 3, 2004

I have Spybot installed with spyware prevention enabled. Now whenever I visit, I get a pop-up from Spybot "Spybot stopped DoubleClick to get installed" or something like this. This indicates that there was an attempt by a spyware to get itself installed. I am sure, Yahoo won't be at fault. Then how it is done? What I can do to prevent it?

Lately, I observed that I get 3 such warnings when I visit Any comments or suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware of the new wave of infected emails!

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs