Off topic: Где купить русскую клавиатуру?
Thread poster: blawith (X)
blawith (X)
blawith (X)
Local time: 09:39
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2005

Dear all,
Could anyone advice me on where is the best (cheap)place to buy an English/Russian or just Russian keyboard Cyrillic with Computer USB connection.
I did see few on e-bay, however price sounds to high Ј28.00 for the key board.
Thank you,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-09-01 10:46]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:39
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
А зачем покупать клавиатуру, если можно купить наклейки? Sep 1, 2005

Вот эту нитку посмотрите:
http://www.proz.com/topic/4359

А еще дешевле клавиатуру просто подписать фломастером

Ekaterina Khovanovitch
Ekaterina Khovanovitch  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:39
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
В России Sep 1, 2005

Здесь они у нас все такие продаются: и с русскими, и с английскими буквами. Можно попросить купить кого-нибудь из коллег и договориться о пересылке.
Но, по-моему, лучше всего не тратиться на русскую клавиатуру, а нарисовать её схему на бумажке (или распечатать готовую из И�
... See more
Здесь они у нас все такие продаются: и с русскими, и с английскими буквами. Можно попросить купить кого-нибудь из коллег и договориться о пересылке.
Но, по-моему, лучше всего не тратиться на русскую клавиатуру, а нарисовать её схему на бумажке (или распечатать готовую из Интернета) и, глядя на нее, набирать по-русски. Это один из самых надёжных способов научиться набирать на клавиатуре вслепую. Впрочем, существуют для этого и специальные программы. Многие из них - бесплатные или гораздо дешевле клавиатуры. Могу посоветовать, что лучше выбрать.

[Edited at 2005-09-01 10:55]
Collapse

Victor Potapov
Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Buy it in Russia (Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, etc.) - or indeed learn touch-typing! Sep 1, 2005

I would support the touch-typing option. When you touch-type every day you do not need to see the markings on the keys. The down side of this - when asked where a particular letter is on the keyboard, you cannot remember it - unless you extend your hands and try to mentally "type" it on an imaginary keyboard...

Anyway, here's a case study.

I travel a lot, so my notebook sees a lot of wear and needs to be replaced every 18 months to 2 years. I buy my notebooks from a US
... See more
I would support the touch-typing option. When you touch-type every day you do not need to see the markings on the keys. The down side of this - when asked where a particular letter is on the keyboard, you cannot remember it - unless you extend your hands and try to mentally "type" it on an imaginary keyboard...

Anyway, here's a case study.

I travel a lot, so my notebook sees a lot of wear and needs to be replaced every 18 months to 2 years. I buy my notebooks from a US supplier - and they are factory-refurbished (so cost about 30-40% less than same models from a shop). By definition (US market) they come without Cyrillic stickers on the keyboard. I type so much (or with such force???) that even the Latin symbols on the central row of the keys (you know, asdf - jkl;) are now somewhat worn off - this notebook is almost 2 years old, and for large-volume & rush texts I use a special ergonomic keyboard (more on it below).

I tried the letter stickers once - didn't work for me as they tend to unglue (notebooks get hot, glue is thermally unstable), stick to your fingers and make a general mess.

I once tried "laser-engraved" Cyrillic keyboard - the ergonomic one mentioned above. It was good... for about 6 months. After that I saw that the Russian letters (not engraved, of course, but rather printed with some industrial-strength ink) grew bleaker and almost vanished now - 2 years after I started using this keyboard.

The problem is these additional markings (and, of course, stickers) disappear first from the most used keys = from where you need them most - unless you touch-type.

QED - and hope this helps.

blawith wrote:

Dear all,
Could anyone advice me on where is the best (cheap)place to buy an English/Russian or just Russian keyboard Cyrillic with Computer USB connection.
Collapse

Arthur Allmendinger
Arthur Allmendinger  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
YaWERTY is a good alternative Sep 1, 2005

Natalie wrote:

А еще дешевле клавиатуру просто подписать фломастером

Я никогда не пользовался русской клавиатурой, так как привык к латинской раскладке (QWERTY).

Нужно просто загрузить соответсвующую фонетическую раскладку русской клавиатуры, где большинство русских букв соответствует сходным по звучанию латинским буквам, и можно обойтись без всяких наклеек.

Информация о том, как это сделать, имеется тут:

YaWERTY Phonetic cyrillic keyboard layout

http://www.siber.com/sib/russify/ms-windows/keyboard/

Sybille Brückner
Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Try the following address: Sep 1, 2005

http://www.jourist-online.de/russisch.php?BookID=0_1114

Best regards

Sybille

Alexander Panow
Alexander Panow
German to Russian
+ ...
Сибиль права: лучший адрес - это фирма Jourist.de Sep 2, 2005

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Где купить русскую клавиатуру?

Translation news in Russian Federation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »