Thread poster: Svetlana Tolstova

Svetlana Tolstova
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2005

Всем привет!
Последние пару дней провела в поисках курсов дистанционного обучения для переводчиков, всё безрезультатно. Я профессиональный переводчик с опытом работы, просто появилось время и возможность расширить горизонты. Например, Нью-Йоркский Университет предлагает узко-специализированные онлайновые курсы для переводчиков, но, к сожалению, пары "английский-русский" там нет.
Может кто знает о подобных курсах, поделитесь информацией? Заранее спасибо.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:14
English to Russian
+ ...
i doubt it, unless Oct 12, 2005

Svetlana,
If you're a профессиональный переводчик с опытом работы i strongly foubt that you can расширить горизонты doing any course online. Unless you mean to расширить горизонты for smb. else i.e. you mean doing instruction with such a course)
Sorry for 'clipping' - lack Cyrillic at the moment.

Svetlana Tolstova wrote:

Я профессиональный переводчик с опытом работы, просто появилось время и возможность расширить горизонты.

Svetlana Tolstova
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:14
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't agree with you, Vladimir Oct 13, 2005

Sorry, I have to respond in English.

I believe learning is a continuous process. Postgraduate courses and master/doctor degrees are there for a reason, don't you think? And, there are always fields of translation that we are less familiar with. Say, I'm proficient in mining terminology and will do well at a mining conference but if it came to court interpreting I would need training. The bottomline is there is always something to learn.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online or distance-learning education

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs