Mobile menu

Help with typing Cyrillic letters into Windows IE
Thread poster: Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 22:40
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 26, 2005

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me. I posted this in one of the technical forums but not as many people seem to read those and I could do with a bit of a hand.

I'm currently translating Russian-English customer surveys directly on the web. Quite a few respondents answered in Russian but using Latin letters and the client has employed someone to put this back into Cyrillic script. Unfortunately, she's off today and I've been asked to help out.

Currently I'm just using 'Symbols', entering the letters one by one into a Word doc and then pasting them into IE. I'm sure there's got to be a quicker way. Oh, and just to make things easier, I don't have a Russian keyboard. I'm grateful for any suggestions because at the rate I'm going we'll have all stopped using the internet and developed telepathy before I've finished!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:40
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Elizabeth Oct 26, 2005

I have moved your posting to the Russian forum. Hopefully our experts will provide all necessary help

Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:40
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
KLM Oct 26, 2005

Using Keyboard Layout Manager you can create your own Russian keyboard layout making a Russian keyboard unnecessary. You can then type in IE as normal. The program is free and can be downloaded here.

Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:40
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
You may also try Oct 26, 2005

it's a free web service that autoconverts Latin symbols into Cyrillics.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with typing Cyrillic letters into Windows IE

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs