Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 21:33
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 27, 2002

Совсем недавно появился на нашем форуме новый постинг от Nattash под названием \"Мирись, мирись, мирись\", но куда-то очень скоро исчез. Жаль, хороший был постинг. Там, в частности, шла речь о том, что автора преследует \"образ хищного прозетовского переводчика, который с сачком ох�... See more
Совсем недавно появился на нашем форуме новый постинг от Nattash под названием \"Мирись, мирись, мирись\", но куда-то очень скоро исчез. Жаль, хороший был постинг. Там, в частности, шла речь о том, что автора преследует \"образ хищного прозетовского переводчика, который с сачком охотится за кудозовскими очками\". Жаль, что постинг исчез, я к нему иллюстрацию подобрал. Не пропадать же картинке:

P.S. Только что обнаружил, что постинг Nattash нашелся: он, оказывается, переехал в \"ПРОФЕССИОНАЛИЗМ 2 - ЗА ДЕРЖАВУ ПО ПРЕЖНЕМУ ОБИДНО\". Надо бы и нам с этим хищником туда перебраться, но не знаем как.

[ This Message was edited by: Nikita Kobrin on 2003-04-24 18:20]
Collapse

Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 14:33
English
+ ...
I like Nikita from La Femme NIkita picturre more Jul 27, 2002

It was just more appealing to the eye

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:33
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Люди! А вот и третья серия! Jul 28, 2002

Никита, постинг nattash никуда не исчез, а просто перекочевал в тот топик, куда должен был быть помещен изначально, а точнее, во \"вторую серию\".

А здесь пусть теперь будет \"третья серия\"!

P.S. А Никита Сергеич тоже был лучше этой твоей картинки!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-28 09:22 ]

xeni (X)
xeni (X)
English to Russian
+ ...
Да уж, Никита, поменяйте свой образ, пожалуйста... Jul 28, 2002

Никита, раз уж Вы все равно меняете свои обличья, поменяйте, пожалуйста, на что-нибудь более радующее глаз .

P.S. А, кстати, я не сразу сообразила, что это был Н.С., решила, что Вы свою фотку поместили

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-28 18:18 ]

Alexandra Tussing
Alexandra Tussing  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
I have not seen La Femme... Jul 28, 2002

picture, where was that? If you don\'t mind telling.

The baby picture is quite funny.

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
La Femme NIkita picturre Jul 28, 2002

My dear Maria, Natalie and Ksenia,

It\'s in fact a very sad story of a nice poor girl. She is a translator just like you are. And one day she decided that time came to settle down in ProZ - a wonderful country where all residents, from youngsters up to the aged, perfectly know how to use their parts of the body, especially long tongues. She prepared everything for the profile page (so they call their households in that country): wrote a CV, made a nice picture with her favou
... See more
My dear Maria, Natalie and Ksenia,

It\'s in fact a very sad story of a nice poor girl. She is a translator just like you are. And one day she decided that time came to settle down in ProZ - a wonderful country where all residents, from youngsters up to the aged, perfectly know how to use their parts of the body, especially long tongues. She prepared everything for the profile page (so they call their households in that country): wrote a CV, made a nice picture with her favourite piece of translation equipment ih her hands - the latest model of a portable manual scanner. It was an outstanding tool - very handy for scanning source texts coming in on paper. And also it was very stylish - made in the form of the famous Russian TT pistol. To make a long story short the start was cheerful and rosy. She even received several messages from male ProZers clearly showing their eagerness to know our heroine a little bit closer in case it was her real photo on the page (they all inquired about that).

But once strangers came to her profile page. They were from distant lands known as the Moderat Mountains. That\'s why they called themselves Moderators. They lived so far away and so high that ProZ commons saw them very seldom. Those Moderators were known as highly strict and vigilant people. Especially some of them. And when those \"some\" saw a pic of our little translator they ejaculated: \"Oh dear! How vulgar is this chick with a gun! URGH! And she does not even mention ballistics as a speciality! The gun really bugs us. Disgusting!\" And full of indignation they left the shocking profile for their distant Moderat Mountains.

And the poor thing stayed at her tasteless page. She liked it so much and they said it was vulgar and even \'URGH\'!!! How unhappy she is! And how cruel is the world! And full of falseness! And those male ProZers, they\'re nothing else but miserable liars… Our little one was so touchy and defenceless, you know.

Meanwhile Moderators in their Moderat Mountains convoked a veche - a special assembly where they usually discussed the most important issues. There were lots of disputes and debates. The whole day they were arguing with each other. And at last the oldest and the most respected Moderator came in and said: \"I agree with some of you - for me too it is a question of aesthetics. And the picture is very cheesy indeed. Firearms may not play a big part in translator\'s work qualifications, but neither do, say, kittens - I cringe every time I see one, but I don\'t want to ban them. If this woman identifies with this pic, and it makes her happy, let her keep it. I am not (morally) offended. Amen.\" And so they decided. And they entered the decision into their testimonies.

But unfortunately our little translator didn\'t know anything about that historical decision and after the strangers\' visit she became very upset and even fell ill. That\'s why she looks now the way she looks. She is sitting with her empty trembling hands, without her favourite pistol-scanner and filling kinda blue. The only thing consoles her: one day her beloved

Cacho
will return from other very distant lands and show those heartless Moderators from the Moderat Mountains what the genuine aesthetics is!

Will our heroine become again cheerful and light-hearted as we used to know her? Who knows… Perhaps some day…

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-02 11:17 ]
Collapse

Vitaliy Vorobyov
Vitaliy Vorobyov  Identity Verified
English to Russian
+ ...
Really sad story... Jul 29, 2002

Was it you who was treated like that poor girl? If yes that\'s really sad.

But do not feel lonely and cheer up, my friend! No one can subdue a proud highlander.

Good luck.

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: I have not seen La Femme... Jul 29, 2002

Теперь Cherchez La Femme в поле!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-29 14:05 ]

nattash
nattash
Local time: 20:33
English to Russian
+ ...
за красоту! Aug 2, 2002

И все же - несмотря на все перепетии - как приятно видеть Вас столь похорошевшим!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Образ хищного ПроЗетовского переводчика

Translation news in Russian Federation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »