Thread poster: Evert DELOOF-SYS

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:08
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 9, 2002

Hi everyone,

I may have to go to Nizhny Novgorod by the end of this month for a couple of days.

Anyone familiar with the area there, i.e. are there any ProZ members living there and could s/he recommend a good hotel there?

Is the Volna hotel OK?

I\'ll have to go to Dzerzhinsk as well, but I think it\'s advisable to stay in N N. Correct?

There aren\'t too many Nizhny Novgorod hotels with websites available on the net (and none in Dzerzhinsk), hence my question(s).

Thanks in advance for some tips.

[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sofia Subbotina
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:08
Member (2016)
English to Russian
+ ...
Hotels in NN Aug 9, 2002

Hello Evert! I don\'t live in NN right now, but I have been studying in college there and I think you will certainly find a good hotel there! If you arrive by plane, just make inquiries in the airport on the arrival. Of course, you are right: no good hotels could be found in Dzerzhinsk. BTW, there is a good website www.allhotels.ru (mostly in Russian), but they are \"enlarging their database\" at the moment: inactive for a while.

Kristina Foehrkolb
United States
Local time: 07:08
English to Russian
+ ...
please say hi to my home town! hotel "Oktybrskaya" Aug 10, 2002

I was checking out the site before going to bed and now I am afraid I won\'t be able to sleep for some time! I spent most of my life in NIzhny Novgorod and miss it greatly. I only wish I could go too at least for a couple of days!

As for the hotels, \"Volna\" is nice but it is in the lower part of the city, across the bridge from downtown, in an industrial district. I think I would rather stay in the old town, near the Kremlin. I just searched on google because I couldn\'t remember the name of the hotel that I would recommend & it surely looks like there are 2 hotels in NN: Volna and Volzhsky Otkos!

Volna was originally built mostly for foreigners working at the auto plant \"GAZ\". That explains its location in a very unflattering industrial district.

I would like to recommend Hotel “Oktyabrskaya”

9а, Verkhne-Volzhskaya emb., Nizhny Novgorod, 603005 Phone 32-12-90

Fax 32-05-50 (area code is 8312)

It is a 2 minute walk from the Kremlin and it is right on the embankment.

Very close to Nizhny Novgorod Linguistic University where I studied!

I hope you have a great time and please share your impressions when you come back. Do not hesitate to contact me should you have any specific questions.

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:08
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks for the info! Aug 10, 2002

And I will certainly have a closer look at the Hotel Oktyabrskaya!

Also sincere thanks to Ludwig Chekhovtsov who wrote me in private.

Have a nice weekend,

Evert Deloof-Sys
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nizhny Novgorod

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs